ISLE-OF-WIGHT-L Archives

Archiver > ISLE-OF-WIGHT > 2002-03 > 1015369531

From: "Douglas Fevens" <>
Subject: Fevens, Isle of Wight
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 19:05:31 -0400

I have learned that on an 1865 map "Fevens" is located in the parish of St. Helens, between St. Helens church to the east and Whitefield Wood to the west. "Truckollton" was nearby and in later years replaced "Fevens". I have located a map http://www.alangodfreymaps.co.uk/ryde.htm on the web. In the lower right hand corner of it is, what I believe, says "Feevens." Could SKS who is familiar with the area confirm for me that it is "Feevens" and that it and "Fevens" aka Truckollton are one in the same? Could SKS tell me even the basics, like, was "Fevens" a village or some kind of manor or something?
Thanks
Best Regards to all
Douglas Fevens
Halifax, Nova Scotia