ITA-SICILY-L Archives

Archiver > ITA-SICILY > 2010-09 > 1284323240

From: Michele/Steve Heiderer <>
Subject: Re: [ITA-SICILY] Napolitan Prince
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 13:34:30 -0700

This line of discussion is fascinating! My grandfather, Nicolo
Mattaliano (the one from Palermo, no the man with the same name from
Agrigento!), was discovered as a stowaway on the Sicilian Prince that
docked at Ellis Island on August 12, 1903. He was deported back to
Palermo on the Napolitan Prince on September 11, 1903. Don't know
how or where he came back to this country but he reappeared as George
Noon and joined the US Navy at the Boston Shipyard in July 1919.
Michele