IVORY-L Archives

Archiver > IVORY > 2002-08 > 1028506505

Subject: Re: Ivory's from Ireland to IN to Mich
Date: 4 Aug 2002 18:15:05 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/RAl.2ACIB/109.1.1.1.2

Message Board Post:

Dear James and Colleen,
I hope we can help each other. Please note my June 16 posting right below this exchange. My g-g-grandfather William Ivory's parents, acc. to his death cert., were John Ivory and Mary Lyons, both b. in Ireland, probably before 1820-1825 since William could have been born as early as 1838 or as late as 1845. I've checked the New York, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Iowa censuses for all years before their appearance in Chicago in 1890s church records, and neither William nor any member of his family appears in any of them, although I did find several Ivory names in Michigan. Also, I did find a William and a John Ivory in Brooklyn in 1850 in the 2nd Ward. Their birthplaces are given as Canada. Colleen, since Wiliam's birthplace is in dispute, all I have to go on is the parents' names given in census data, that is, John Ivory and Mary Lyons of Ireland. Any possibilities in your data? Thanks.

This thread: