Isle-of-Thanet-L Archives

Archiver > Isle-of-Thanet > 2001-03 > 0983469944

From: "Barry White" <>
Subject: [IoT] St John, Margate : Miscellaneous Entries 1679-1812
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 18:05:44 -0000

I've posted St John Miscellaneous Entries 1679-1812 to :
http://users.iclway.co.uk/barrywhite/
It is a PDF document, a mixed bag with a few non-conformist births & deaths, affidavits, vicar's fees, suicide, record mackerel catches, corrections to the registers, etc. It includes the following item which may be of interest to those with families in late 18th century Margate :

From the beginning of this year 1779 to the year 1784 my Curate
WELLS omitted many registerings of Christenings & Burials, but
the Parish Clerke’s Book which my Successor will find in this
Parish Register may rectify many omissions & had better be
compared & inserted in a Page or two in the latter end of this
Register [as far as I can tell, nothing was inserted]

Regards, Barry White
(interests ANSELL in East Kent, TABRAR anywhere)

This thread: