Isle-of-Thanet-L Archives

Archiver > Isle-of-Thanet > 2006-10 > 1161524623

From: "Sean Doherty" <>
Subject: Re: [ISLE-OF-THANET] minster workhouse
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 14:43:43 +0100

Yes it was a Hospital for the elderly who saw it as a place that they went
to die. It was called Hill House Hospital

It was a Hospital in the 60s and probably well before that and up to I think
the early 90s when it was demolished and a housing estate built on the site,

Yes it did carry a bit of a stigma and one of my relatives who was elderly
was moved there from the main hospital and actually died there.

Sean