Isle-of-Thanet-L Archives

Archiver > Isle-of-Thanet > 2008-06 > 1213992717

From: ENSEMBLE SUZANNAH-FOAD <>
Subject: Re: [Isle-of-Thanet] SUTTON Family of Acol
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 20:11:57 +0000 (GMT)

Seeing as ages are rounded off on the 1841 census I would say this is Mary's burial.
SUTTON, Mary Ann, died at Pouces, Minster, aged 40 years, buried All Saints Birchington 6th April 1851.

Their son Thomas was buried here, aged 19 28th Dec 1854.

Daughter Frances aged 6 months 11th August 1850

Baptisms at All Saints
Elish Ann, family from Acol, Bapt 21st Jun 1840
Phoebe, of Acol, 21st April 1839
Sarah, of Acol 23 Jun 1833
Thomas of Acol, 7 Feb 1836

I would say that Richard was originally from Ash, Next sandwich. His father may be John who was buried at All saints
aged 76 years on 15 Dec 1841. You should be able to catch him on the 1841 census.

Going by the marriage I found for 1832 in Lyminge in the mentioned IGI, its likely as their first child was baptised 1833, but this can only be confirmed by a child birth certificate and using the IGI as gospel can often lead you down the wrong path.