Isle-of-Thanet-L Archives

Archiver > Isle-of-Thanet > 2009-02 > 1235513466

From: John Bartlett <>
Subject: Re: [Isle-of-Thanet] George Hubbard CRAMP
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 14:11:06 -0800

On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 16:43 -0500, Terry Taylor wrote:
> Does anyone have a connection with a George Hubbard CRAMP from Ramsgate?
> My great-grandmother was married to a man by that name before she married my
> great-grandfather. I was given information about this marriage by another
> family descendant, but since he wasn't a blood relative I hadn't done any
> research on him myself. However, I've just realized that according to that
> information he died after great-granny's 2nd marriage and after she'd listed
> herself as a widow on the 1871 census! So.. I went to FreeBMD to see what
> that showed and lo and behold there were deaths of George Hubbard Cramp in
> 1869 (age 30) AND 1875 (age 37). When I checked births at the appropriate
> years there were 2 births as well. Obviously the death in 1869 was my man
> but the 2 were likely related and I'm curious to find out how. Both of them
> died at a fairly young age - maybe a family trait?

Hi Terry,

I have the name mentioned just once when Mary A Cramp, sister to Louisa
(Hougham) Bartlett was counted in the 1861 census. Louisa was my
ggrandma. I was unsure about the spelling (Cramp or Crump) as the
writing was unclear. I wonder where George senior was?

1861 census RG9/538 Folio 69 [ACDBooks page 139/336]:
1 Boundary Road?
Jonathan Bartlett Head mar 22 Sailor Ramsgate Kent
Louisa?? ?? "???? Wife mar 26??????? "??????"
Mary A Cramp????? sister mar 48 Laundress " ? "
George Cramp????? son??unmar 23? Porter "
"
--
John
http://members.shaw.ca/bart34/genealogy.html