Isle-of-Thanet-L Archives

Archiver > Isle-of-Thanet > 2011-04 > 1303480594

From: LAWRENCE BRIDGER <>
Subject: Re: [Isle-of-Thanet] 86 years in one house - Death of William TSOLLEY, 1947
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 14:56:34 +0100 (BST)

David,

>From my records on Garlinge WILLIAM T SOLLEY born 1860 was the son of WILLIAM and SARAH SOLLEY and brother of SARAH A SOLLEY, ELIZABETH M SOLLEY and ANN L SOLLEY. All living together in 1861 census.

For the record, in 1851 father William was living with his mother MERCY CLARKE.

Also in 1861 census is JAMES SAYER 32, EMMA A SAYER 29, with 6 children which increase to 11 children in 1871 including ROSETTA 4

Again in 1861 there is an EMMA SOLLEY 29 and ELIZABETH SOLLEY 4 living at 4 Street Green and GEORGE SOLLEY 30 living at 5 Street Green (George is shown as a carter, Emma and Elizabeth as a carters wife and child)

It would appear that GEORGE SOLLEY was the son of WILLIAM SOLLEY 50, and SUSANNAH SOLLEY 50, living at Street Green in the 1841 census

In 1991 MERCY CLARKE 80 was living as a member of her grandson WILLIAM THOMAS SOLLEY's household

Hope this can help you. For the record my Solly ancestors in Garlinge were Great great grandparents THOMAS SOLLY /MARY ANN SOLLY (PETTS)
Great grandparents GEORGE CHARLES LEDNOR SOLLY/ EDITH SOLLY (MARSH)
Grandparents BEATRICE MARY SOLLY/ SYDNEY HAROLD JAMES LANGSTON

Laurie Bridger