JACKMAN-L Archives

Archiver > JACKMAN > 2007-11 > 1195505833

From: "P. S. Wyant" <>
Subject: Re: [JACKMAN] Jackman Families originating in Exeter England
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:57:13 -0600

Folks,

this is a reminder that any post to a list that starts with the phrase

"This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list."

has been "gatewayed" from the surname Board to the surname List. Simply,
this means
that the original post was sent, in this case, to the JACKMAN Board and,
because
the "gateway" between the Board and List has been opened, was also
automatically
re-sent to the JACKMAN List.

BUT, this means that unless the original Board poster is also a member
of the
List (and most are not), any replies to a gatewayed post sent to the
List will NOT be seen by the
Board poster.

If you wish to reply to a gatewayed post in such a way that your reply
will be
seen by the Board poster, you must do so by clicking on the "Message
Board URL:" link, and reply using the Board response system.

Thanks.

Peter
JACKMAN List Admin.