JACKSON-CLAY-OVERTON-CO-TN-L Archives

Archiver > JACKSON-CLAY-OVERTON-CO-TN > 2006-05 > 1148327300

From: Doug Moore <>
Subject: John Jackson Miles
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 12:48:20 -0700

If you do research in Clay Co, then from time to time you run
across the name John Jackson Miles. He is the subject of a brief
sketch in the Clay County history book and there is an article about
him on the Clay Co Genweb page. However, I am not aware of a good
source for the story behind his wives and children.

I have been doing a little cleaning of my file cabinets and have
discovered some research that was passed on to me some years ago that
I had forgotten about. This is a folder full of loose papers from a
research job done by the genealogist Edythe Whitley probably 40 years
ago. It looks like she was primarily concerned with the Miles clan,
but also did work on the Beans, Brownings and other lines. Using her
work as well as other data that I have, I have found a pretty complete
picture of the wives and children of John Jackson Miles.

My WorldConnect database has been updated to include this work. In
addition to J J Miles, I have included a little new (to me) material
on his father George Miles.

George Miles:
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=dougmoore&id=I11961

J J Miles: