JACKSON-L Archives

Archiver > JACKSON > 2001-07 > 0994126339

Subject: [JACKSON] Fwd: JACKSON, William<<Pulaski County, Washington & Jefferson, MO
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 22:12:19 EDT

--part1_d4.893f4aa.28728403_boundary

Mary, I'm forwarding this to the JACKSON list.

--part1_d4.893f4aa.28728403_boundary

Full-name: Marykell
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 22:01:10 EDT

Ltd,
I have new information on William and Narcussus (WILEY) JACKSON, that I
thought you might be interested in. I just came back from a very nice
research trip to Pulaski, Washington and Jefferson Counties, MO. I found lots
of JACKSON, SEABOURNE and EVANS tombstones and tombstones of collateral
lines. Here is what I found on William and Narcissus JACKSON and their
children. I have lots more. Too much to include in just one e-mail. I'll send
you more later.
Mary

Descendants of William Andrew JACKSON
Generation No. 1

1. William Andrew2 JACKSON (Benjamin1) was born Bet. 1829 - 1830 in
Tennessee, and died Aft. 1894 in Richland, Pulaski County, Missouri. He
married (1) Pa(u)lina Elizabeth Harrison Jul 22, 1853 in Jefferson County,
Missouri, daughter of George HARRISON and Jemima _______. She was born Abt.
1832 in Missouri, and died Abt. 1858 in Missouri. He married (2) Narcissus
Ann WILEY Jun 12, 1861 in Jefferson County, Missouri, daughter of Eli Wiley
and Lucinda Mars. She was born Jan 22, 1837 in Missouri, and died Oct 21,
1888 in Richland, Pulaski County, Missouri. He married (3) Belle Olive Apr
20, 1894 in Probably Pulaski County, Missouri.

Notes for William Andrew JACKSON:
William JACKSON married first, Palina (Paulina) Elizabeth Harrison, (July 22,
1853.) Palina was the daughter of George W. and Jemima (maiden name not
known) Harrison. In the 1850 census, Jefferson County, Missouri, Palina E.
Harrison was 18 years old.
Palina died in 1858 and on June 12, 1861, in Jefferson County, he married
Narcissus Ann Wiley. Her parents were Eli and Lucin(d)a (Mars) Wiley. There
is extensive information on Narcissus's parents and siblings.

>From the History of Pulaski County, Missouri, Vol. II, 1987, it states that
William A. JACKSON married Mrs. Bell Olive, April 20, 1894.

Marriage certificates for William A. JACKSON and Pauline Harrison and
Narcissus Wiley were found in Marriage Records, Jefferson County, Missouri,
1848-1869 Volume II, by Elizabeth Prather Ellsberry.

Marriage Record:
William A. JACKSON and Miss Pauline Elizabeth Harrison daughter of Geo. W.
Harrison married on 22 July 1853 by Saml. Whitehead, MG at Jefferson Co., Mo.

William A. JACKSON and Narcissus A. Wiley both of Jefferson Co., Mo.
married on 12 June 1861 by William Hendrickson at Jefferson Co., Mo.
witnesses: B. Cohen, G. J. Wiley

Census, 1850 Jefferson County, Missouri:

pg 474: JACKSON William 20 TN
Martha 21 TN
James 18 TN
Melvina 16 MO
Emily 13 MO
George 11 MO
Lucinda 9 MO
EVANS, Lucinda 66 VA Lucinda Evans is listed just under
Lucinda Jackson's name.

The 1860 Census, Central Township, Jefferson County, shows William A. age 30
with the following children: Lucinda age 17, (his sister,) George B,
(Benjamin?) age 6, Chase (Charles?) age 4 and Margaret age 1.

The 1870 Big River Township, Jefferson County, Missouri Census, shows William
A. age 40 and Ann (Narcissus) age 32. Children listed with them are: Benjamin
(Could this be George B?) age 16, Oscar (Chase/Charles?) age 14, Elizabeth
age 7, Burnside age 6, Kate age 5, Sheriden age 4 and Lucy age 1. William is
a Farmer, Ann Keeps House and Benjamin Works on Farm.
(Could George B, be called Benjamin and Chase, (Charles) may have the middle
name of Oscar, as these are the ages the children in the 1860 census would be
by 1870. What happened to Margaret?

Land records were found in the Bureau of Land Management for William A.
JACKSON, Jefferson County and Pulaski County, Missouri.

>From the History of Pulaski County, Missouri, Vol. I, 1982, Page 103,
JACKSON-Carrell. This was written by Merle Jackson, a great grandson of Wm.
A. JACKSON:

"My great grandfather William Andrew JACKSON was born in Tennessee in 1830.
He came to Jefferson County, Missouri around 1850(?) He married Elizabeth
Harrison on June 22, 1853. Three Children were born to them. Elizabeth passed
away in 1858. William then married Narcissus Ann Wiley on June 12, 1861.
Ten(?) children were born of this marriage.

The latter part of 1868, he moved his family to a farm on the Gasconade River
on what is known now as the Floyd Black farm near the old Brownfield Store.

My grandfather William Oscar JACKSON was born March 12, 1856 in Hillsboro,
MO. He married Laura Ann Cook of Laclede County, Missouri, on Feb. 26, 1884.
Twelve children were born of this marriage.

My father Edward Cook JACKSON was born February 8, 1886. He married Cora
Ethel Bench on Jan. 21, 1912. Three children were born to them, Merle, Carl,
and Dorris(male) JACKSON. I was born Nov. 4, 1912. I was united in marriage
to Daisy Mae Carrell, Dec. 23, 1933. One son, Robert Ellis JACKSON. Robert
married Martha Ann Atkison. They are the parents of Kenneth Wayne and Gerald
Lee JACKSON.

I live in Richland, Missouri, having retired as parts manager for Payne
Chevrolet Company for 30 years.

Daisy's father was George W. Carrell, her grandfather was William R. (Bill)
Carrell and her grandmother was Emily Elkins Carrell. Her mother was Amanda
Doyle Carrell, daughter of John and Lucinda Martin Doyle. All were early
pioneer families of Laclede and Pulaski counties. John Doyle was a Pony
Express rider as a young man."

William A. and Narcissa A. JACKSON are found in the 1880 Pulaski County,
Missouri, census, Liberty Township, page 386b. The following children are
listed with them:

Willian(sic) O. son, 24, MO
Lizzie A. dau, 17, MO
General B, son, 16, MO (could this be Burnside?)
Mary C. dau, 15, MO
Henry P. S, son, 13, MO (could this be Sheriden?)
Lucy, dau, 11, MO
Emily, dau, 9, MO
Genevara, dau, 7, MO
Peter C, son, 1, MO

Recent research received from Charlotte Maness, Lakewood, Colorado has turned
up newspaper articles from the Jefferson Democrat newspaper, DeSoto, Missouri:

FRIDAY, 12 MAY 1882--Mr. W.A. JACKSON, of Pulaski Co, Mo. renews his
subscription to the J.D. to January 1st 1884. Thanks friend Wm, we hope the
J.D. will be a welcome visitor to you for many years to come.

WEDNESDAY, 18 AUGUST 1886--A sporting club, whose main purpose is to raise,
train and "fly" carrier pigeons was organized in this community a few days
ago. Among its members are included William JACKSON.

Wednesday, 29 June 1887-We saw in the St. Louis Republican one day last week,
that W.A. JACKSON, of Richland, Pulaski County, Mo, had shot and killed his
son-in-law, a man named Miller; and that he had given himself up to the
officers. We presume it is the William A. JACKSON who was for many years a
citizen of this county and moved to Richland probably fifteen years ago, and
if so we are sorry to learn that he has got into such serious trouble. The
dispatch in the paper did not indicate whether the shooting was justifiable
or not.

Wednesday, 22 August 1888-Capt. W.A. JACKSON, who emigrated from this to
Pulaski County killed his son-in- law some months ago, and it has been
reported her(sic) since that he was convicted of murder and sent to the
penitentiary. This was a mistake. He was tried last week and acquitted. We
infer from what we have heard that it was a cause of self defense.

(My note: William R. Miller was married to Elizabeth Ann JACKSON.)

>From the above article, I contacted Robert JACKSON. I talked with his wife
and she told of William JACKSON being buried alongside the road because he
wanted to buy a man's property and the man would not sell it. William tried
for years to buy it and finally just before he died he said he wanted to be
buried by this man's property so he could haunt him for the rest of the man's
life. The man died shortly after William, but his boys would run as hard as
they could to the mail box, because they were afraid that William would get
them.

The Eightieth Regiment of Enrolled Missouri Militia was organized in>
Jefferson County, and the following is the roster of the field and> company
officers:>>

Company A.--Captain--William A. JACKSON, commissioned June 12, 1863,> vacated
March 12, 1865.

Research continues on William A. JACKSON as it does on all the JACKSON's.

Notes for Narcissus Ann Wiley:
Census, 1850 Jefferson County, Missouri:

pg 477: WILEY Eli 50
Lucinda 44
Edward B. 21
John 20
William 19
Eli 17
Margaret J 15
Narcissa A. 13 This was the end of the page.
There possibly may be more WILEY family on page 478.

Name: Eli Wiley
Birth: 25 Jul 1799 Guilford County, North Carolina
Death: 18 Dec 1878 Jefferson County, Missouri
Burial: Wiley Cemetery, Rock Road, Jefferson County
Father: John Wiley
Mother: Jane Stewart

Probate
The will of Eli Wiley, made 27 Feb 1875, proved 23 Dec 1878, leaves:

11. to daughter Narcissus Ann Jackson he gives no part of my estate for
reasons which are satisfactory to him.

Spouse: Lucin(d)a Mars, Marriage: ca 1828

Misc. Notes

6 Narcissa Wiley
Birth: 1837 Missouri

Married 1861 William JACKSON

>From the Jefferson Democrat newspaper, DeSoto, Missouri:

Wednesday, 31 October 1888-DIED-At her residence, in Richland, Pulaski
County, Mo, Oct 21, 1888, Narcissus Ann, wife of William A. JACKSON, aged 51
years and 9 months. Mrs. JACKSON was raised on Dry Creek, Jefferson County,
Mo and was a daughter of the late *Will? WILLEY. She was married to Mr.
JACKSON, in this county, June 12th, 1861, and they moved to Pulaski County in
August, 1874, where they have since resided. She was sick with typhoid fever,
from the 12th to the 21st. She leaves a number of relatives in this county,
and a husband and children in Pulaski County to mourn her loss.

*Should be Eli WILEY.

Narcissus Ann JACKSON and her daughter, Elizabeth Ann Miller both died on
the same day, Oct. 21, 1888. Did they both have typhoid?

Children of William JACKSON and Palina Harrison are:
2 i. George B3 JACKSON , born Abt. 1854.
3 ii. Chase (Charles?) JACKSON , born Abt. 1856.
4 iii. Margaret JACKSON , born Abt. 1859.

Children of William JACKSON and Narcissus Wiley are:
5 i. William Oscar3 JACKSON , born Mar 12, 1856 in Hillsboro,
Missouri; died 1936 in Richland, Pulaski County, Missouri. He married Laura
Ann Cook Feb 26, 1884 in Laclede County, Missouri; born 1864 in Of Laclede
County, Missouri; died 1948 in Richland, Pulaski County, Missouri.

Notes for William Oscar JACKSON :
William O. JACKSON is found in the 1880 Pulaski County, Liberty Township,
census, page 386b.

He and Laura had 12 children. Names and dates are not known at this time.

6 ii. Elizabeth Ann JACKSON , born Aug 22, 1862 in Jefferson or
Washington County, Missouri; died Oct 21, 1888 in Pulaski County, Missouri.
She married William R. Miller Abt. 1883 in On the Farm, near, Richland,
Missouri; born Feb 18, 1858; died Jun 20, 1887 in Richland, Pulaski County,
Missouri.

Notes for Elizabeth Ann JACKSON :
Elizabeth Jackson is probably Lizzie A. Jackson, found in the 1880 Pulaski
County, Liberty Township, page 386b.

Notes for William R. Miller:
William R. Miller, was shot and killed by his father-in-law, William Andrew
JACKSON William JACKSON was tried, in the middle of August, 1888 and it was
ruled self defense.
William Miller is buried in the Hazelgreen Cemetery, Hazelgreen Missouri.

7 iii. Burnside JACKSON , born Abt. 1864.

Notes for Burnside JACKSON :
In the 1880 Pulaski County, Liberty Township, page 386b, there is a "General
B." JACKSON , son of William and Narcissa JACKSON . Could this be Burnside?
Needs further research.

8 iv. Mary Catherine JACKSON , born Mar 05, 1864 in Jefferson County,
Missouri.

Notes for Mary Catherine JACKSON :
Found in the 1880 Pulaski County, Liberty Township, page 386b, as Mary
Catherine Jackson, daughter of William and Narcissa JACKSON . Shown in
previous records as "Kate."

9 v. Sheriden JACKSON , born Abt. 1866 in Missouri.

10 vi. Henry P S JACKSON , born Abt. 1867 in Pulaski County, Missouri;
died in Pulaski County, Missouri. He married America G; born Sep 19, 1869;
died Aug 25, 1893 in Pulaski County, Missouri.
11 vii. Lucy Jane JACKSON , born Mar 05, 1869 in Jefferson County,
Missouri.

Notes for Lucy Jane JACKSON :
Information on Lucy Jane Jackson comes from the 1880 Pulaski County, Liberty
Township census, page 386 b and from the LDS family history site,
(familysearch.com)

12 viii. Emily S JACKSON , born Nov 14, 1870 in Richland, Pulaski
County, Missouri.

Notes for Emily S JACKSON :
Information for Emily S. Jackson comes from the 1880 census, Laclede County,
Liberty Township, Missouri, (Richland, Pulaski County, Missouri,) page 386b
and from the LDS family history site, (familysearch.com.)

13 ix. Peter Cooper JACKSON , born Jan 06, 1876 in Laclede County,
Missouri.

Notes for Peter Cooper JACKSON :
Information on Peter Cooper JACKSON comes from 1880 census, Laclede County,
Missouri, Liberty Township, (Richland, Pulaski County, Missouri,) page 386b
and from the LDS family history site, (familysearch.com.)

14 x. Genevara JACKSON , born Abt. 1879 in Missouri.

Notes for Genevara JACKSON :
Found in the 1880 Pulaski County, Liberty Township, page 386b, daughter of
William and Narcissa Jackson. Her name could be Geneva.

--part1_d4.893f4aa.28728403_boundary--

This thread: