JAMES-L Archives

Archiver > JAMES > 1998-04 > 0892063180

From: "C. Holland" <>
Subject: [JAMES-L] REVEREND JESSE JAMES
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 12:19:40 -0700

Hi all!

This is what I have on our JESSE JAMES. The WILLIAM JAMES part has not
been proven yet. My line is from REV. JESSE JAMES through his son,
CLAYBOURNE JAMES, which is pretty much documented by myself and others.
We don't know for sure JESSE'S parentage, but this has been passed on to
us by others.

Does anyone recognize this JAMES family and can they corroborate the
connection to our REVEREND JESSE JAMES?

Thanks much.

Charlene Holland

Descendants of William James
Generation No. 1

1. William James was born in Surry County, North Carolina, and died
2/1812 in Surry
County, North Carolina1. He married (1) Unknown. He married (2) Rachel
Dennis
11/16/1802 in Grainger County, Tennessee.

Children of William James and Unknown are:
2 i. William(2) James, Jr., born Abt 1768 in Rowan/Surry
County, North
Carolina2; died Abt 11/1805 in Grainger County, Tennessee. He married
(1) Unknown Abt
1790 in Stokes County, North Carolina. He married (2) Elizabeth Morris
10/16/1802 in
Grainger County, Tennessee.
3 ii. Rev.Jesse James, born 1770-1774 in Rowan/Surry County,
North
Carolina(3); died Abt 3/1836 in Saline County, Arkansas(4). He married
(1) Anne or Nellie
Harris 1/13/1792 in Guilford County, North Carolina. He married (2)
Massy Terry Aft 1815
in Saline County, Arkansas.
4 iii. Thomas James, born Abt 1784 in Surry County, North
Carolina(5).
5 iv. Clarissa James, born Unknown in Surry County, North
Carolina(6). She
married Charles Drake 10/20/1804 in Grainger County, Tennessee(7).

This thread: