JENNINGS-L Archives

Archiver > JENNINGS > 1998-08 > 0902074305

From: "McCreary, Dennis & Barb" <>
Subject: [JENNINGS-L] another JENNINGS IN OKLA. AND TEXAS
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 09:11:45 -0700

Hi,
My grandfather, Willie Sydney Jennings b. 1901 in Joplin, Jack County,
Texas had the following brothers and sisters:
Henry E. Jennings b. Sep 1887 in Texas
Monroe Jennings b. Oct 1889 in Texas
Francis Marion Jennings b. 1891 in Texas
Lee Jennings b. 1894 in Texas
Iva Jennings b. 1903 in Jack County, Texas
Maggie Navada Jennings b. 1905 in Jack County, Texas
Claude Cecil Jennings b. 1906 in Jack County, Texas
Sarah Erma Jennings b. 1908 in Jack County, Texas

My grandfather left Texas in 1926 and settled near Mangum, Greer County,
Oklahoma. I am afraid that I don't know much of anything about his
siblings except my great aunt Iva, but do know that some went to Oklahoma
as well.

If you find a connection here, please let me know. From here, I have the
family traced back to Windham, Windham County, CT in 1782. The
great-grandfather of these men and women was Gordon C. Jennings, the Alamo
hero. Their grandfather Samuel K. Jennings, was one of the first Texas
Rangers and their great-great-grandfather was a Revolutionary War soldier
within the Connecticut Line.

This thread: