JENNINGS-L Archives

Archiver > JENNINGS > 1999-11 > 0943692071

From: "Julie" <>
Subject: [JENNINGS-L] JENNINGS of Lancashire, UK
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 08:41:11 -0000

I am searching for one of my ancestors who has been a stumbling block for
many years.

His name was Samuel Jennings from Blackburn, Lancashire and he married
Margaret Sharples of Manchester. I don't know there marriage date since I
have been unable to find the details to obtain a marriage certificate.
Samuel and Margaret's first child John was born on 11th February 1855 at 11
Brown Street, Blackburn, Lancashire. They also had two other children called
Thomas and Alfred who were born in Stockton-on-Tees, County Durham.

John married Mary Jones on 17th April 1881 in the Parish Church,
Stockton-on-Tees. John's occupation was an engine fitter / joiner and his
worked in a shipyard on the River Tees for a company called Messers. Ropner
& Sons. He died whilst building a ship called the Gladstone on 13th
September 1909.

Please contact me if we match.

Julie Mason
Stockton-on-Tees