JENNINGS-L Archives

Archiver > JENNINGS > 2000-06 > 0960832273

From: "Jean W. Farrar" <>
Subject: Re: [JENNINGS-L] Parents of James Jennings, b. 1777 SC
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 12:51:13 -0500

Dear Kaye:

I tried to send you an e-mail and it was returned saying your addy is
not
correct.

Your James Jennings is a brother to my Sarah Jennings who m. William
Davis and
moved to MS sometimes between 1816-1818. Theier parents were John
Jennings, Sr.
and Rachel Jordan. There were 12 children in this family.

James Jennings m.16 July 1803 to Phoebe Griffin in Christian Co., KY.

John Jennings, Sr., was in the Rev. War in SC. He was at the fall of
Charles
Town, sold a black mare for the use of Gen. Green, "paid" a man to
substitute
for him while he gathered his crops and sold food & fodder for the use
of the SC
Army. All of this can be found in the SC Archives in Columbia. John
Jennings
had a brother named James. They both moved to KY. If anyone can join
DAR on
John Jennings, I will be more than happy to help. Please let's get this
John
Jennings approved for DAR. He did a lot to help build this new Nation.
He
needs to be honored. I made the Supplemental Genealogist mad and she
will not
approve a new ancestor for me.

Sarah Jennings, sister to James Jennings, m. William Davis in Christian
Co., KY
on 06 Feb. 1803. (Several of John Jennings children married in 1803).
It is
said that William Davis left SC and went to KY to find his nephews.
There are
too many people in the differenet branches of this family who say we are
cousins
to Jefferson Davis. I was told that William Davis use to go to
"Briarfield" in
Warren Co., MS to visit his cousins and his cousins would come to
"Oakley" in
Hinds Co., MS to visit him. "Briarfield" was the home of Jefferson
Davis and
"Oakley" the home of William and Sarah Davis.. It appears that the
brothers and
sisters of Jefferson Davis' father have disappeared into thin air.

Cousin Jean Williams Farrar
Natchez, MS