JENNINGS-L Archives

Archiver > JENNINGS > 2010-11 > 1290266864

From: "Cheryl L. Hall" <>
Subject: [Jennings] Thomas Jennings b. Missouri --> Texas
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 10:27:44 -0500

Nita,

Perhaps these are your Jennings, found in the Texas Deaths, 1890-1976, at
FamilySearch:

Name: Thomas Jennings
Death Date: 25 Aug 1917
Death Place: Sherman, Grayson Co., Texas
Gender: Male
Race: W
Death Age: 64 years 4 months 27 days
Estimated Birth Date: 1853
Birth Date: 01 Apr 1833
Birthplace: Mo
Marital Status: Married
Father's Name: Jim Jennings
Father's Birthplace: Va
Mother's Name: Patsy Bartlett
Mother's Birthplace: Va
Occupation: Farmer
Burial Place: Oklahoma
Burial Date: 27 Aug 1917

===========================

Name: Laura Della Madewell
Death Date: 19 Mar 1948
Death Place: Denison, Grayson Co., Texas
Gender: Female
Race: White
Death Age: 73 years 2 months
Birth Date: 19 Jan 1875
Birthplace: Mo.
Marital Status: Widowed
Father's Name: Thomas Jennings
Father's Birthplace: Mo.
Mother's Name: Evelyn Collier
Mother's Birthplace: Mo.
Occupation: Domestic
Place of Residence: Denison, Grayson Co., Texas
Cemetery: Hebron Cemetery
Burial Place: Bells, Texas
Burial Date: 20 Mar 1948

======================

Name: James Robert Jennings
Death Date: 28 Sep 1973
Death Place: Snyder, Scurry, Texas
Gender: Male
Death Age: 90 years
Estimated Birth Date: 1883
Father's Name: Thomas Jennings
Mother's Name: Evelyn Carter

===========================

Some of the information that you have given for Thomas seems to fit, as
well as for his daughter, Laura. I added the record for James Robert
Jennings based on the names of his parents.

Hope some of this proves to be helpful.

Cheryl Hall
Researching Lemuel Jennings family, Cornwall, Connecticut ---> Danby, New York

>I've been searching for Thomas Jennings (born 1841 in Missouri & died
>1922) I don't know where he died (possibly Oklahoma), but I believe he is
>buried in Hebron Cemetery in Grayson Co., TX. In his census records he
>states his parents were born in KY. His death was late enough that I
>should be able to find a death certificate which might list his parents,
>but so far no luck.
>
>I believe he married Mary Elizabeth Carter (1846 Missouri -died 1916) 20
>May 1866 in Laclede Co, MO. Her parents were Willaim M. Carter (1824
>TN-1902 TX)& Elizabeth Jane couch (1822 TN -1899 TX). They were married
>in 1845 in McMinn Co, TN. They migrated to Texas in the 1870's, and are
>buried in Bells North Cemetery in Grayson Co., TX.
>
>Thomas Jennings& Mary Elizabeth Carter had four children:
>Arrena F Jennings (1868 Mo - died before 1880)
>Asbury Henderson Jennings (Feb 1871 Leclede Co, MO - after 1900& before
>1905 in Fannin Co., TX
>Laura A. Jennings (1874 Missouri)
>Martha R. Jennings (1877 Missouri)
>
> > Nita Muir