JERNIGAN-L Archives

Archiver > JERNIGAN > 2001-05 > 0989499361

From: "Fairfax, Dan" <>
Subject: [JERNIGAN-L] Wayne County - Bladen County - Columbus County NC Jernigans
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 08:35:33 -0500

Here we go one more time ....{:)

Whitmel Jernigan, died 1804, Bladen County, NC, has a will documented in
1793 in Bladen County, NC and it identifies our "Nedom Fairfax" [Needham
Fairfax, 1850 Columbus County, NC Census] ans a cousin of Whitmel jernigan.
Nedom/Needham Fairfax's parents were? Micajah FAIRFAX, 1800 Bladen County,
NC Census and unkn JERNIGAN as Micajah's wife?

Peter Schlosser, who appears to have fallen off the face of the genealogical
world, generated a family chart as follows:

Whitmel Jernigan, died 1804 Bladen County, NC > s/o George Jernigan, born
abt 1753, Nansemond County, Va, died aft 1833 >> s/o George M. Jernigan,
born 1730 Nansemond County, Va, died 1792 in Wayne County, NC >>> s/o George
Jernigan, born 1692, died 1778 in Bertie County, NC.

Also, Elias Jernigan, Columbus County, NC and Horry County, SC? s/o
Frederick Jernigan, born abt 1749 in Wayne County, NC, died in Horry County,
SC >> George M. Jernigan and mother Lydia?.

Could somebody confirm, deny, add to, provide some active data base to
enhance this family information? ... we FAIRFAX folks are looking for the
"Cousin" link between Whitmel Jernigan and "Nedom/Needham FAIRFAX"....{:)

Our main goal is to detemine the parents of MICAJAH FAIRFAX, 1800 Bladen
County, NC Census!

THANKS!!!

"Cousin" Dan Fairfax
2629 Somerset Drive