JERNIGAN-L Archives

Archiver > JERNIGAN > 2006-12 > 1166284909

From: "Fairfax, Dan" <>
Subject: [JERNIGAN] Fairfax - Jernigan Families - Bladen County,North Carolina
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 10:01:49 -0600

AWESOME!!!!

Thanks a jillion!!!

Excellent Leads, the Massachusetts Fairfax Family is a new lead!!

There is an actual Corp of Engineering River Map in the 1950s that show
a Fairfax Landing close to the present day Elizabethtown, Bladen County,
North Carolina Bridge across the Cape Fear River! Which is also adjacent
to the park "Tory Hole", where the Loyalists were fought and gathered up
by the Continental Army contingent and a Historical Marker is there so
stating this!!!

SALUTE!!!

Btw - there is a Frederick Fairfax, Sgt. Who received a 1,000 acre Land
Grant in Davidson County, NC [ now Tennessee ] for his Honorable Service
in the US 1st Continental Troops North Carolina in the Revolutionary
War. Also this Nedom/Neadham Fairfax is listed as a Private in the same
North Carolina Army, 3rd Regiment during the war of 1812 against the
British, and by that time was established in the Fair Bluff, NC -
Columbus County area by Census Records.

Walter and Cecilia Fairfax settled in Nashville, Tennessee from North
Carolina in 1805 on a four acre farm where the current downtown YMCA
Building stands at Church Street and 9th Street! My father, Preston E.
Fairfax was born in McColl, South Carolina near Fair Bluff, NC. We
believe Walter, Frederick and several other North Carolina Fairfax folks
were related in the 1760s - 1810s, before they left North Carolina.
Looking for their records of origin !!!

Merry Christmas!

Best regards,

Dan Fairfax