JESTER-L Archives

Archiver > JESTER > 2007-06 > 1181749858

From: "EARNEST RAY & PARKER" <>
Subject: Re: [JESTER] Three brothers.... cousins to Jester family group one?
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:50:58 -0400 (EDT)

Vicki,

This is from Rootsweb:
ID: I31700578
Name: William JESTER
Given Name: William
Surname: Jester
Sex: M
Birth: 1728 in Scotland
Death: 1838 in Henry Co. Ga.

Marriage 1 Priscilla UNKNOWN
Children
Thomas Peter JESTER b: 1765 in Edgefield Co. S.C.
Levi JESTER b: 1760 in Edgefield Co. S.C.
William JESTER b: 1768 in Edgefield Co. S.C.

Name: William JESTER
Given Name: William
Surname: Jester
Sex: M
Birth: 1768 in Edgefield Co. S.C.

Father: William JESTER b: 1728 in Scotland
Mother: Priscilla UNKNOWN

Marriage 1 Martha UNKNOWN
Children
Eli JESTER
John JESTER
Robert JESTER
Thomas E. JESTER

This would appear to be your William Jester b. 1728, William Jester b.
1768 and Thomas Jester below:

Ray

Has anyone put together a family tree with branches for this line? We
> know William Jester had more than one child, for example. I have
William, John, Thomas, Wright, and Young in my line, but none of the
names listed in the George Jerome line below. If someone had a family
tree, I might be able to use my research to connect to it.

> My last know Jester is John Young Jester, b. abt. 1832, James City Co.,
VA. According to his marriage registration, his parents were Isaih and
Lucretia Jester. This is my dead end. I cannot locate birth records
or a burial location for him, but I have found everything on his wife
Selina Odell Dunnavant Jester and his children. John and Selina were
married by a William Young. A cousin maybe?

> On Jun 13, 2007, at 9:11 AM, EARNEST RAY & PARKER wrote:
>
> Ann,
>
> The results for George Jerome Jester who is documented as a descendant
of
> William Jester of the three brothers from Scotland as Pat noted earlier
below: On the Jester charts George Jerome is an exact match to four of
the Jesters from Delaware and off by one marker to two other documented
descendants of Richard Jester b. 1732 for the 12 markers tested. This
says that all the Delaware Jesters except for WMJ on the charts are
descended from the same Jester Male. This includes your line.

> It would be nice if George Jerome Jester Y-DNA test were expanded to the
37 marker level from 12 markers to firm up this finding.

> So at this point you seem to be cousins to Jerry Jester, Joseph Herbert
Jester, Charles P. Jester, Frank Jester, Greg Jester and myself for
example. Your Jester line is a part of family group one it seems.

> The three brothers from Scotland seem to be descendants of the English
Jesters from the London area of England.

> Maybe another myth has died???
>
> Congratulations cousin.
>
> Ray
>

>> From Pat:
>
> I'm slow in answering this posting but George Jerome Jester's line is as
follows:

> 1. George Jerome Jester
> 2. George Thomas Jester
> 3. William Thomas Jester/Sarah A. Wrenn
> 4. John Robert Jester/Mary Malone
> 5. Thomas E. Jester/Rosanna Wright
> 6. William Jester/Martha ?
> 7. William Jester
>
> Gen 7 is the William Jester who has been speculated to have been one of
3
> brothers from Scotland: William, Maxwell and Joseph. Joseph's family has
been identified, married Ann Young. His father (name unknown) was the
brother of Arthur and Joshua. His family is complicated but I really do
NOT this there were 3 brothers from Scotland. Maxwell has not been
traced
> so I really wonder about the given name, could it have been Maskell and
not Maxwell?

> Pat
>

> Dear Jester List,
>>
>> We may, in time, learn that my grandfather's statement, "Three
>> brothers
> from Scotland....." was true. (My grandfather was Dr. John Roberts
Jester. In fairness to him, let's remember that we did his research in
the 1920's and perhaps 1930's when sources for research were much, much
more limited than what we have now.) But, until we learn that that
statement was true, I'm not going to think or worry too much about it.
It's my understanding that the following is one of the most common myths