JETT-L Archives

Archiver > JETT > 2001-07 > 0996253065

Subject: Re: Burkett Jett of Virginia
Date: 27 Jul 2001 10:57:45 -0600

I don't know much about the JETT family, but I do know that one Burkett Jett was a brother of my 5th gr. grandmother, Jane, the wife of John Pinckard. After John Pinckard died in Henry County, Va. in 1782, Jane re-married (in 1788) to Samuel Patterson and they moved to Georgia. A son of John and Jane (Jett) Pinckard, James Pinckard (born ca. 1765), was my 4th gr. grandfather. He married Judith (dau. of Peyton Smith). James Pinckard and Judith both died in Monroe County, Ga. I have been told that Jane (Jett) Pinckard was a dau. of Francis Jett, and that appears to be correct.

This thread: