JETT-L Archives

Archiver > JETT > 2001-08 > 0997653949

Subject: Re: Alexander Jett b. 29 aug 1828
Date: 12 Aug 2001 16:05:49 -0600

I agree with information furnished by Tom Jett. Before Francis Jett III and Sarah (Sally) Simms were Frances Jett, Jr. and Mary Hutchinson, and before that, Francis Jett, Sr. and Margaret Peyton. Since no one seems to know who the parents of Elijah Jett who married Rhoda Gordon are, I can not help there. However, I believe the Mary Hutchinson who married Francis Jr. is the sister of Elizabeth Hutchinson who married Edward Jett of Montgomery Co. TN. The father of Edward was a Roger Jett who is untraced. Descendants of both families went on to Missouri and/or Illinois. Very likely this Roger Jett was a kinsman of Elijah Jett. Any comments would be appreciated.

This thread: