JOHNS-L Archives

Archiver > JOHNS > 2000-03 > 0952787774

From: "Susan D. Chambless" <>
Subject: [JOHNS] Fw: PML Search Result -- JOHNS/JONES
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 09:16:14 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Peterson <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2000 10:19 PM
Subject: PML Search Result matching johns ANDNOT (johnson OR x-loop/JOHNS-L
OR x-loop/JOHN-L OR "Johns Hopkins" OR ("St" NEAR "Johns") )

> A result of your requested PML search. To refine or cancel this
> search, please visit http://pml.rootsweb.com/
> Source:
> Subject: [JONES-L] Jonathon Jones, VA, MD, PA c1700S - 1800s
>

> This is what I have on our JONES line. If anyone can add anything to this
family I would appreciate it.

> Steve of Illinois
>
> (sorry about the caps)
>
> JONES ANCESTRY
>
> .
>
> THE NAME JONES IS WELSH. JOHNS - JONS - JONES. THE NAME IS SPELLED MANY
DIFFERENT WAYS

> THREE BROTHERS NAMED JONES, EMIGRATED TO AMERICA IN THE LATE 1600'S OR
EARLY 1700'S FROM WALES. THEY SETTLED IN ROCKINGHAM COUNTY, VIRGINIA.
JOHNATHON JONES, SR.b abt 1743, A SON OF ONE OF THE BROTHERS BORN IN
ROCKINGHAM COUNTY, VA., LATER CAME TO WASHINGTON COUNTY, MARYLAND AND
SETTLED ON A FARM NEAR CLEARSPRINGS, HE MARRIED A MISS SHULTZ. (FIRST NAME
UNKNOWN) NEAR THE END OF HIS LIFE, HE MOVED TO WILLIAMSPORT, MD., WHERE HE
DIED. HE HAD TWO KNOWN CHILDREN. JOHNATHON JR. AND HENRY. HENRY JONES IS THE
GREAT GRANDFATHER OF MISS HATTIE PEREGOY OF WAYNESBORO, PA., (NOW DECEASED)
FROM WHOM MOST OF THIS INFORMATION WAS OBTAINED. MISS PEREGOY WAS BORN ON
MAY 29, 1891.

> HENRY JONES MARRIED CATHARINE BOVEY, DAUGHTER OF MICHAEL BOVEY SR. AND
BARBARA RAUHAUSER ON MARCH 14, 1810, WASHINGTON COUNTY, MARYLAND - NEAR
CLEARSPRINGS. HENRY DIED IN 1826 AND CATHARINE DIED IN 1842.

> ACCORDING TO THE FRANKLIN CO. PA. DEED BOOK, ON MAY 5, 1813, HENRY AND
CATHARINE BOUGHT A FRUIT FARM IN PETERS TOWNSHIP, FRANKLIN CO. PA. 203 ACRES
OF LAND FOR $2000. ON NOVEMBER 10, 1842, AFTER CATHARINE'S DEATH, THE FARM
WAS SOLD BY THE HEIRS FOR $3040.75. THE HEIRS WERE LISTED AS: JOSHUA STEWART
AND MARY JONES (my line), HIS WIFE - JAMES McGRATH AND BARBARA, HIS WIFE -
ELIZABETH JONES (LATER MARRIED TO JOHN MINNICK) - SUSAN JONES (LATER MARRIED
TO JOHN H. SHARAR - 1851)

This thread: