JOHNS-L Archives

Archiver > JOHNS > 2009-03 > 1236376637

From: "" <>
Subject: [JOHNS] Search for Charles Johns
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 21:57:17 -0000

Author: roseterry_1
Surnames: JOHNS
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.johns/2106/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

My grandfather Charles Johns born 16th June 1876 in Ilston, Glamorgan, Wales disappeared after the death of his wife on the 6th April 1908 leaving 3 children. At the time of his wifes death they were living in High Ackworth, Yorkshire, England.
I have spent many years trying to find out what happened to him and have come to the conclusion he emigrated. Charles parents were Harriett (nee Hill) and Charles Johns. Can anybody suggest how I try and trace him. Looking at the passenger list for ships is not much help as there are loads of men with the John/Johns surname but very few show age or date of birth.
I originally started researching my family history because of him and it's my 'brick wall' - Please help

Important Note: