JOHNSON-L Archives

Archiver > JOHNSON > 1998-08 > 0903731782

From: "Tara M. Beiter-Fluhr" <>
Subject: [SCKY] [JOHNSON-L] Re: Mizpah Cemetery, Warren Co., KY
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 14:36:22 -0600

Many thanks to S. Laborde and Carol of SCKY for their "Mizpah" suggestions.
I believe the name is associated with the Baptist church. I am looking
specifically for JOHNSON. My records show the following JOHNSON family
members were buried in Mizpah:

Andrew Clarence and his wife Dora Lovell (b. 1890 d. 1959)
--their son, Milton (b. 1917 d. 1971)
----Milton's son, Raymond Edward (b. 1947 d. 1971)

Other family members who may be buried there: Andrew and Dora's other
children - Logan, George, Thelma, Geneva, Ruth, and Milton's twin sister
Mildred (died at birth); Andrew's parents - Doc and Laura Johnson.

If anyone knows where Mizpah Road, Warren Co., KY is, that may be helpful.
Thanks again,
Tara
Englewood, CO

>Tara,
>
>Here's the only Kentucky reference I found:
>
>1. Mizpah Road
>
> county: Warren
> type: Road
> source: US Census TIGER Files
> latitude: 370259N
> longitude: 0861833W
> tiger map: *
>
>S. Laborde
>Kentucky Genealogist

>I went through the alphabet and the following cemeteries are what comes up
for
>Warren Co, KY
>
>*Fairview Cemetery
>Bowling Green South, KY
>
>*Chapel Hill Cemetery
>Bowling Green South, KY
>
>*Kimbrough Cemetery
>Polkville, KY
>(Bet. I-65 & 807)
>
>*Mount Pleasant Cemetery
>Bowling Green South, KY
>
>*Taylor Cemetery
>Bowling Green North, KY
>
>*Walthall Cemetery
>Allen Springs, KY
>
>Ok...all are listed in Warren Co.
>
>One of these could be the cemetery you seek...you KNOW how people like to
>rename cemeteries.
>
> ~Carol

This thread: