JOHNSON-L Archives

Archiver > JOHNSON > 2000-03 > 0952102725

From: "Pat Mata" <>
Subject: [JOHNSON] KY Johnsons
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 10:58:45 -0600

I am looking for this family reportedly born in KY.

Jos W Johnson b KY abt 1830.
Wife Sarah----- b in KY abt 1830.
children:
Nancy b abt 1848 in KY.
William b abt 1852 in KY.
Henry b abt 1855.
Anrew b abt 1857.
Angeline b abt 1859
Betsy b abt 1861-62.
James Wilson b April 24 1864 in KY
Margaret b 1866 in KY
Issabel b 1872 in AR.
I believe the father's name to be James Wilson Johnson as was his son's
name.
I believe this family should be listed in KY at least from 1830 to 1860... I
have gone county by county trying to locate them but there is no consistency
between census in the various counties so very hard to compare.. 1880 and
1860 and 1840....
Can any one help me or tell me what I might do to find this family? I do not
see a way to continue my research until I know what county they came from? I
realize they may moved around. Also I have not been able to find a marriage
for James and Sarah.

This family appeared on the 1870 census in AR. they are my gggp and great
grand father.
Thank you,
Patricia Murrell Mata
Pocahontas, AR