JONES-L Archives

Archiver > JONES > 1998-06 > 0896734921

From: Kathi Hudson <>
Subject: [JONES-L] Samuel Jones, Bucks Co., PA
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 17:02:01 -0400

Ann:

Don't know if the SAMUEL JONES I have is yours or not but sure worth a shot.

1. MALACHI JONES b: abt 1651 Wales d: 1729 Abington Twp., Philad. (now
Montgy Co.) PA married to MARY

2. BENJAMIN JONES b: abt 1685 Wales/UK/PA? d: 1748 Northampton Twp., Bucks
Co., PA married CATHERINE KROESEN b: 1698 NY d: 1785 Bucks Co., PA (2nd
married Henry LOTT)

3. SAMUEL JONES b: 1722 died by 1785 possibly married to Elizabeth Dunn.
Children: Jane, Sarah, Samuel, Catherine. Catherine married 1774 to James
Dungan.

The info on SAMUEL comes from 2 sources - one is my cousin Barbara
Pemberton in St. Louis, MO who's done research for many years. She got the
info from someone I do not know and I'll need to get the man's name & phone
number from her. I do not believe that Barb was ever able to 'find' much on
this Samuel through the normal channels. She doesn't know where the guy who
supplied it to her got it.

Samuel is one of 2 children of Benjamin and Catherine who were not baptised
at Abington Presbyterian (Malachi Jones was the founder & first pastor
there & Benjamin was an elder) Church. We think Samuel and another brother
Derrick were perhaps baptised somewhere in Bucks Co. There were 11 children
in this family: Malachi, Elizabeth, Samuel, Benjamin Jr., Mary, Derrick,
Joshua, Henry, Catherine, John and Ann--all were named in the Will of
Benjamin Jones.

Your JONES family has similar names so it's a real possibility there's a
connection here.

Let me know. I'm deterined to dig up as many living descendants of Rev.
Malachi as possible so on the 300th anniversary of the founding of the
church we can all be there! Beautiful church in Abington, his grave is
across the street.

Kathi Jones Hudson

This thread: