JONES-L Archives

Archiver > JONES > 2000-06 > 0960588207

From: Sherry <>
Subject: [JONES-L] Willis Jones' family
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 17:03:27 -0500

JONES & SMITH CENSUS RECORDS

Jones - Soundex# - is 520

Roll 40 - Kentucky T-570

1880 Sound-Ex Edmonson Co., KY

Jones, Willis White, Male, 27 years,
Vol 7 E.D. 38
Sheet 15, Line 17
Brownsville Dist.

Jones, Martha E. Wife Age 28 Born KY
Jones, Evan B Son 3 KY
Jones, Pearl dghtr 1 KY

1880 Census - Edmonson Co., KY

Jones, Willis white Male 27 married Farmer
Jones, Martha white Female 28 married housewife
Jones, Evan B white Male 3 son
Jones, Pearl white Female 1 dghtr

There was no will for Martha in Barren County, and I have not checked with
Edmonson Co, yet.

1910 Oklahoma Census - Sapulpa Township 47, 47

Jones, Washington W. Hd Male Age 57 born KY fthr brn US. mtr
brn U.S.
Eliza C. wfie white Age 40 # of yrs of present marriage 2 (or 7 not a
good copy)

Bessie B age 18 born KY mtr & ftr born in KY

Vechel N. age 6, born Oklahoma parents born KY
Richard T age 1, brn Oklahoma parents KY

1870 Census (Martha E. On this census became the wife of Willis W. Jones,
and is my great-grandmother, Mary is her twin sister!) Sarah is her
married sister. Wasn't $2000 real estate a pretty good bit of land in
those days??

I have Charles' will, and apparently Virginia preceded him in death, I
don't have that info in front of me as I write this, it's on another paper,
but I think shortly after this, and she had no will.

Temple Hill Post Office

Smith, Charles A. 52, M, W, Farmer $2000 real estate $1200 personal
property Tenn
, Virginia 58, F, W
Houskpr
Tenn
, Calvin C. 23, m,
W Farmer
Tenn
Mary E. 18, F,
Tenn
Martha E. 18, F,
Tenn
Wm. 14, M,
W Tenn
Elliot, Sarah 27, F,
W KY
, Wm
A 4 KY
, Nelly A.D. 2, F,
W KY

1870 Crabb Census Record Page 17 Dwelling # 117 Family # 114 Temple Hill
Post Office (This Elizabeth was married to a ??? Jones, and is Willis
Jones Mother) I assume her first husband may have died young.)

Crabb, Joseph R. U. 32, M, W. Farmer, blank, 1200 personal property, born KY
, Elizabeth 36, F, W housekeeping
, Daniel W. 12, M, W
, Martha S 10, F, W
Sallie A. 8, F, W
Bettie 4, F, W,
Patcy (?) C 70, F, W, housekeeping

1870 Jones Census Record Page 9 Dwelling 59, Family# 59, Post Office
(forgot to write down!) (**** Note 7/99 do not yet know if this Jones
related, but believe him to be.) Believe that Vechal above may be named for
this Vechal. There was no will for this man in Barren County, or at
least, they said not.

Jones, Vechal H. 51, m, W, County Judge, 2300 real estate, 2300
personal property born??
, Sarah A. 44, F, W, Housekeeping
, Samuel E. 20, M, W, Reading Law
Amelia A. 18, F, W
Renfro, Jno M. 22, M, W, Attending School
Smith, Thomas 21, M, W Attending School

Willis Washington Jones family off of the group sheet.
Born Mar. 28, 1853 born Illinois(?)( this is doubtful) died Sept
26, 1929 Sapulpa, OK(this is certain, I have the death certificate.) Our
cousin in Oklahoma said he was born in Illinois, but I doubt that.

Wife Martha Ellen Smith (shown above with her parents and siblings.)
Sept 03, 1852 died July 23, 1898

Evan Butler Jones M April 1, 1877 ( He married my grandma's
sister, brothers married sisters.)
Pearl Jones F January 12, 1879
Warner LaRue Jones M March 13, 1880 ( This is my mom's dad)
Ethel Jones F November, 10, 1888
Elizabeth (Dick) Jones F November 10, 1888
Myrtle Jones F Oct. 17, 1889
Willis Lafayette Jones M May 23, 1891
George Edward Jones M Jan. 23, 1894
Hazel Ophelia Jones F Feb. 11, 1886

Willis W. Jones 2nd wife, and second family. (There was a third son later,
William)
Jones, Washington W. Hd Male Age 57 born KY fthr brn US. mtr
brn U.S.
Eliza C. wfie white Age 40 # of yrs of present marriage 2 (or 7 not a
good copy)

Bessie B age 18 born KY mtr & ftr born in KY

Vechel N. age 6, born Oklahoma parents born KY
Richard T age 1, brn Oklahoma parents KY

Hezekiah Lard, & Patsey Carter, 2 Oct 1817, Barren County, Kentucky.

Hezekiah and Patsey are Elizabeth Laird Jones Crabb's parents.

This thread: