JONES-L Archives

Archiver > JONES > 2004-01 > 1073926148

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [Jones] Jones Family of North Carolina
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:49:16 -0500

From the Census information, Kentucky sounds like a first hand source. Who
gave this information, probably William or his wife. The death certificate
was given by a second hand source, his son who may never have known where
his father came from.

How are the cousins related? Have you tracked back where their census
records say William was born? Have you any idea where in Ky he was born?
If he was related to Cadwallader Jones, you should be able to spot that name
from a mile away. The land records of Ky are on line if he came to Ky in
the early 1800's. Just type in Ky Land Records and then Jones.

Good luck.
Barbara