JONES-L Archives

Archiver > JONES > 2007-02 > 1171475344

From: "Susan Story" <>
Subject: [JONES] Minetree Jones Family from VA --------GRAYSON Co., VA
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 12:49:04 -0500

Both of the queries caught my interest........ my JONES family was in
Brunswick Co., VA by the 1750's names as John, John, Robert, Repas etc.
Family coming from Surry Co., VA
In 1793 John JONES married Elizabeth Keene BISHOP there. Elizabeth Keene
Jones was a cousin to the stateman Henry CLAY.
>From what I understand this family, at least Elizabeth traveled with son
Harmon to TN and then on to ARK. Where Elizabeth is living in there
household.

NOW to the Grayson Co., VA-- JONES------ Elk Creek---Minitree Jones.... (I
live in Elk Crk by the way).

Over the years there has been much speculation that the Jones family of
Grayson Co., VA (who descended from James Jones, who was an early settler of
Spottsylvania Co., VA) is related to the famed Admiral John Paul Jones.
There is alot of speculation that James and John Paul Jones were brothers.

Churchill Jones a sone of James Married a __________ MINITREE. and they had
a son which they named Minitree who marred a __________ SPOTSWOOD. Their
children were Rosamond, Minitree, Spottswood and Churchill.
Rosamond Jones married William Bourne.

The Minitree JONES home still stands in Elk Creek, Grayson Co. VA. We go by
it all the time.

above info on the Jones family in Grayson Co., VA was taken from the
Bicentennial Hertiage Grayson County, VA 1796.........

Maybe we could tie these families together??

Susan Raines Story........ Elk Crk, VA