JONES-L Archives

Archiver > JONES > 2009-06 > 1245104653

Subject: Re: [JONES] Fw: My several JONES lines in Virginia
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 15:24:13 -0700 (PDT)

Charles,

My Jones line is the same as yours, down to Thomas Jones and Amelia "Amy" Parham.   They had a large family, and I descend from their son Thomas "Tom" who was a brother to your Godfrey.

Thomas (Jr) married Leanna Jones [not related, or rather not closely related.]  Their son Charles S. Jones was a Rev War soldier; he married (1) Sarah Clement and (2) Nancy Dabney.   Charles' son, William Clement Jones married Rebecca Ann Waldrum, in Edgefield Co SC, and they removed to Dallas County, AL.  They had 14 children, the first of whom was my great grandmother; she removed with a son to Texas after the Civil War, and died in Fannin County TX.

Martha Llewellyn is also posited a daughter of Daniel Llewellyn.    His wife  Anne came to the colony at age 17; married (1) John Price, (2) Richard Hallom, and (3) Daniel Llewellyn.  Do you know whether Daniel Llewellyn had previously been married?

I find no mention of his prior marriage, but the probable age of daughter Margaret Llewellyn might indicate that she could have been born some years before our Martha Llewellyn and her brother Daniel.  I would like some input on this, since my numbers for Margaret and her daughter Margaret Cruse don't seem to add up.  Margaret Llewellyn married (1) __?__ Cruse,  and (2) Gen. Abraham Wood.  Margaret's daughter [Margaret Cruse] married (1) Peter Jones nd (2) Thomas Cocke.

Helen

This thread: