KANSAS-L Archives

Archiver > KANSAS > 2002-11 > 1037882810

From: "M. Thelma Feese" <>
Subject: Re: [KANSAS] Pemberton, Dickerson, De Shazo, Zumwalt
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 05:45:57 -0800

Hello Debbie,
Abbeyville is in Reno County, there is a Genealogy Society in Hutchinson,
Kansas which is the county seat. In the 1930s Archie and his family
lived in Hutchinson at 702 West B Street. He was a Sgt., Battery B,
130th F. A. when the battalion (National guard) mobilized in Hutchinson.
The battlion went to Camp Robinson (outside of Little Rock), Arkansas.
The 35th then went to California. I didn't see him again until about
1950 when he was working for the Hutchinson Hearld News in Hutchinson. I
haven't seen him in years. He was married to Estella "Rusty" (red
headed) Pemberton, they were divorced, no children. I don't know if he
remarried.

In the book "Cemetery Records of Reno County Kansas" 1865 - 1978 I found
the following.
Pemberton
Davida 5 Feb 1917 - 14 Jun 1978 h Guy Dickerson (Guy is not
listed in the book) I believe they had children.)
Fern b 1914 d 1955 (this is Archie's sister)
Jessie b 1893 - d 1942 (probably Archie's mother. I never met her.)

They are in the Pleasant Hill Cemetery which is located on the edge of
Cheney Lake in Nennescah Township which is in the south-east corner of
Reno County.

I was raised in Hutchinson but have lived in Colorado for many years. I
suggest you post a query in the Reno County Rootsweb and see if anyone
can help you further.

If I can be of further help let me know.

Thelma of Colorado