KELLEY-L Archives

Archiver > KELLEY > 1998-07 > 0901678431

From: "D.R. Blair" <>
Subject: Thomas Kelly b. c1740 Kildare IRE
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 22:13:51 -0400

Hi,

I am new to the list and I am researching my Kelly family in Ireland.

Thomas Kelly was born c. 1740 and was Soverign of Kildare. He married
Madame Veaal and also Mary Orford. He married Mary on 11 Aug 1767 in
Kirkcudbright, Kirkcudbrightshire, SCT.

Thier Children were:

John Kelly b. Calverstown House, Kildare, IRE d. 19 Apr 1871 Dublin IRE. He
married Alicia Gosselin on 3 Jun 1813. She was born on 22 Jun 1792 in
Portarlington, Queen's Co. IRE. Descendants of this line are in Australia,
New Zealand, Canada, England and Ireland.

William Kelly b. c 1775 New Abbey House, Kildare, IRE. He died abt. 1858
IRE. He married Catherine Orford (his cousin) in 1812 Kildare, IRE. She
was born in Rathbride Manor, Kildare, IRE. He was the sporting Kelly who
managed Dan Donnelly the boxer for a while. He was also very involved in
horse racing and was famous for playing the Irish Pipes. He was known as
the Sporting Kelly. Some of his descendants have been found in the States.

Lewis Kelly - no information known on him.

Waldron Kelly was a Captain and served in the 41st Regiment. There is a
story that he married Princess Anne of Portugal.

Ponsonby Moore Kelly was a Lt. Colonel and commanded the 24th Regiment.

Any information on this Kelly family would be very much appreciated. They
have been rather elusive to me especially the last three brothers.

Thanks,
Ruth Blair

This thread: