KELLEY-L Archives

Archiver > KELLEY > 2005-02 > 1107790055

Subject: Bonidore, Viola, Mildred and Isabelle KELLEY - Fitchburg, MA, early 1900s
Date: 7 Feb 2005 08:27:35 -0700

Surnames: KELLEY, CAYER, LANCTO, LANCO, POURKES, BOURG, ROURKES
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/CYm.2ACIB/3042

Message Board Post:

Seeking information on the children of Joseph B. KELLEY (b. 23 Sept. 1886 Turners Falls, Mass.) married to Amelia (--?--) about 1905:

Viola B. Kelley, born about 1906 in Mass. 1930 Census has her with her parents in Manhattan, NY, NY with her husband Robert LANCO (doubt that's a correct spelling - LANCTO or LANCTOT perhaps) and their two sons, Robert, Jr. (b. 1927) and James, b. 1930.
Viola is also called Violet in the 1920 Census.

Mildred P. Kelley, born about 1907 in Massachusetts. No further information.

Bonidore or Bonnie Kelley, b. 12 Dec. 1908 in Mass., died March 1954 in Massachusetts (Mass. Death Index). Married Lillian (--?--) about 1929. Bonidore and Lillian were living with Bonnie's parents in Manhattan in the 1930 census.

Isabelle Kelley, b. about 1912 in Massachusetts. 1930 Census has her with her parents in Manhattan, with husband Robert POURKES (more likely ROURKES, BOURKES or BOURG ?)

The parents, Joe and Amelia Kelley, lived at 90 Culley St., Fitchburg, Mass. in 1910, 21 Redmond, Fitchburg in 1917, and 75 Mt. Globe, Fitchburg, Worcester Co., Mass. in 1920.

I believe they returned to the Shrewsbury, Mass. area upon their return from NY. Family tradition is that Joe Kelley was one of the contractors who worked on the Empire State Building.

The name was originally CAYER, and is French-Canadian. I have this ancestry to share. Joseph KELLEY was my grandmother's brother.

Regards,
Shari

This thread: