KENNEDY-SCOTLAND-L Archives

Archiver > KENNEDY-SCOTLAND > 2008-01 > 1200254117

From: Judith Arthur <>
Subject: [KENNEDY-SCOTLAND] Kennedy Family in Bucks County, PA
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 13:55:17 -0600

I am a descendant of William Kennedy and Mary Ann/Marian Henderson
who came to Bucks County in the early 1700's. My major problem is
that we have a lot of information telling us that William is the son
of Rev. Thomas Kennedy who was ordained in 1700 in N. Ireland. I
have Thomas' father as Rev. Thomas Kennedy, and his father as Col.
Gilbert Kennedy. The story in our family was that our Kennedys were
from Scotland, then N. Ireland, then Bucks County. What I am
wondering is this. Does anyone have any documentation to support
this? Is my version of this lineage correct? My cousin has gone to
Northern Ireland and had done research with a genealogist there. We
find nothing that supports this story in our family and nothing that
disproves it either.
I hope someone can help me with this mystery.
Has anyone found Mary Ann/Marion Henderson's line?
Judith Kennedy Arthur
Maylene, AL