KENNEDY-L Archives

Archiver > KENNEDY > 2000-08 > 0965878650

From: "marcie ray" <>
Subject: Re: [KENNEDY] Kennedy's of Killyleagh, Inch, Tullyveery, Cluntagh and Shrigley
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 22:37:30 -0500

Hi Mike,

First of all, where is Killyleagh? Second, we have Kennedy's who came from
Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland. This was Robert Kennedy (b. 1740 in
Edinburgh) m. to Katherine Gray (b. 1744 in Edinburgh.). Children were:
William Kennedy and Alexander Kennedy b. May 28, 1769 in Edinburgh and died
in 1852. Alexander married Jane McEwan. One of theri children was Charles
Kennedy b. July 1, 1807 in Hadley, NY and d. June 4, 1890 in Newport, OH.
Charles was married four time: (not sure of order)
1. Cornelia Gates
2. Frances Gates
3. Hulda Elvira Clark
4. Celestia Marie Ellis
Celestia and Charles Kennedy had a son by the name of Charles Elverton
Kennedy who was born in Salt Lake City, UT on August 30, 1858 and died in
Lamar, MO on June 23, 1902. Charles Elverton Kennedy married Margaret
Ellen Daily (dates unknown).

Does any of this sound familiar to you?

Anna Brewer