KENNEDY-L Archives

Archiver > KENNEDY > 2001-02 > 0981752316

From: "Marilyn Prinzing" <>
Subject: Re: [KENNEDY] PA Kennedys
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 14:58:36 -0600

Hello Jim,

Thanks for the reply. You are much further along with your PA Kennedys than
I am. Here is what I have:

James Kennedy b. PA m. Margaret Smith b. PA. Their daughter, my
g,g,grandmother, was Sarah Ellen Kennedy b. March 31, 1842, PA.; d. October
2, 1918, Monongahela, PA.

Sarah Ellen Kennedy m. David Landis b. February 12, 1831, Mifflin Co.;d. May
29, 1906, Pittsburgh, Allegheny Co., PA. They lived for many years raising
a large family in Worthington, Armstrong Co., PA.

Both Sarah Ellen (Kennedy) Landis and David Landis are buried at the
Monongahela Cemetery, Monongahela, Washington Co., PA.

I have had some clues that Sarah Ellen's Kennedy family was from the
Monongahela area; but, the Kennedy family living in that area has not
followed up with any help..

Interesting that we both have the surnames of Smith and Wilson in our lines.
The Smith that married the Kennedy is from my father's side of the family;
but, on my mother's side I have a Smith/Wilson combo from 1700s York Co. and
later Adams Co.with finally a John Wilson leaving the Gettysburg area to
settle in Washington Co. and married a Jane Bedall/Beadle.

Marilyn, Lake Co., IL