KENNEDY-L Archives

Archiver > KENNEDY > 2009-08 > 1251578267

From: "Jeanne" <>
Subject: Re: [KENNEDY] Kennedy, John of Columbia Co. GA
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 15:38:12 -0500

My Kennedys/Kennadys originated from a John, b. ca 1735-40., in PA near
Delaware River.( can't find parents), who migrated from PA and moved around
the East Coast including , Maryland, New Jersey, what is now western W. VA,
maybe others, for years, before he and his family moved to KY. He was
married to his first wife and had 4 sons in NJ., PA, and MD. bet. 1762-1776.
He remarried in 1777 in MD. .I am constantly looking for John's parents,
brothers, sisters, and name of first wife. It is said most of his family,
including brothers, died in the Rev War. Can't find any record of any of
them. But as far as I know, none were in GA. John's second wife was also
Elizabeth. I have seen claims that William Kennedy and Mary Henderson
Kennedy were his parents, but I believe this to be incorrect. Were your
Kennedys from the same years, or a different time?

Kay, where do the Kennedys come from, that are in your book and where did
they settle? I wondered if there was any connection to mine. .I also have a
book, published by Sid Kennedy, no longer doing geneology, because of his
health. He is from the same John as I, different son, but his book has a
lot of info. He couldn't find John's family, either. Thanks much.
Jeanne