KENT-ENG-L Archives

Archiver > KENT-ENG > 2000-08 > 0965740742

From: "Robin Claw" <>
Subject: Re: SCOTTS of Scott Hall, Kent, England
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 14:19:02 +0100

Hi Julie

Scott's Hall is right next to the A20 (Hythe Road) about 3/4 mile east
of the Smeeth crossroads. They must have had quite a piece of land as
there's woodland called Scott's Hall Plantation between the house and
Brabourne Leas to the north.

The house is at OS Grid Ref TR079392

Regards

Robin

> Searching for the ancestral home of the family SCOTT, known as
Scotts Hall. Information I have gathered indicate that it is/was
located near Brabourne between Ashford and Folkstone in Kent, England.
> The first person I have from Scotts Hall is a Sir John Scott
Esq. b. 1436, married Caroline Carter.
> Does anyone know of Scotts Hall in Kent, England.
> I'm a Yank and a beginner at that, so any help at all would be
very much appreciated.
> Julie
> California, USA

This thread: