KENT-ENG-L Archives

Archiver > KENT-ENG > 2004-01 > 1073371360

From: "Mr S and Mrs J Goldsmith" <>
Subject: Re: [Kent] Army Barracks?
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 06:45:27 -0000

Hi Pam and Sharon,

We've no idea whether or not there were two barracks in Maidstone. However,
we do know that very near to Maidstone East station is Maidstone Barracks
station (they're on two entirely separate railway lines, and there's also
Maidstone West) Found Sandling Road on www.streetmap.co.uk, but not a
Maidstone Hill Road. Sandling Road, running northwards, joins the road
towards Chatham up Bluebell Hill, which is Royal Engineers' Road.

Hope that's useful.

Steve and Jan