KILGORE-L Archives

Archiver > KILGORE > 1998-07 > 0900248397

From: <>
Subject: Kilgore Logbook Part #6
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 08:59:57 EDT

Hi cousins,

Here is Part #6:

PART 6

101. Jaelene Ferrell Starr
2.
3. Elias Washington Kilgrow b. abt 1802, m. Rebecca Lollar
5 Aug 1845 Sparta,White, Tennessee, d. 13 Oct 1849 Wilson Co,
Tennessee, age 47 (from 1850 census mortality schedule)
his son: John Washington Kilgrow, b. 14 June 1946 Sparta,
Tennessee, m. Amanda Martelia Elrod 13 Oct 1868, Sparta,
White, Tenn., d. 6 Feb 1934
his daughter: Rebecca Anthony Kilgrow, b. 3 July 1873 Sparta,
White, Tennessee m. James Scobey Ferrell 9 Apr 1900,
d. 12 Oct 1913
her son: James Anthon Ferrell b. 24 Jan 1903 Alberta, Canada
m. Almira Oliver 8 Jan 1925, d. 26 Feb 1989 Everett, Washington
his son: Jay Anthon Ferrell- Living
his daughter: Jaelene Ferrell Starr - ME

102. Dennie Rennow
2.
3. William Kilgore (b.1800 TN) married Polly (b.1815 TN)
John Kilgore (b.abt. Nov. 1855 Grundy County, TN) married Mary E.
Hart
May Kilgore (b.1892 Victoria or Whitwell, TN) married William
Calhoun Rennow (b.April 29, 1884 Dade County, GA)
Hermon Morris Rennow (b.Oct 10, 1919 St. Elmo GA just outside
Chattanooga, TN) married Elisabeth Mary Hill (b.Jul 25, 1921 Clevland,
TN)
Dennie Mae Rennow (b. March 12, 1949 Chattanooga, TN)

What I have heard about the Kilgores:
John Kilgore was a mean preacher and coal miner.
Mary E. Hart (John's wife) owned a hotel.
John and Mary Kilgore had 7 children. May was the third.
May Kilgore's sister, Annie Bell, got a Cherokee grant. I have no
idea if that was based on the Kilgores or the Harts.
May and William Rennow had 5 children (3 lived) and a nephew also
lived with them. The children were born in TN and northeast Alabama.
Hermon was the second child.
Hermon and Elizabeth Rennow only had one child, me. Hermon had
several others with his third wife.
4. Tallahassee FL
John Pendley and Mary
Jeannetta Pendley (b.December 23, 1826) married John
Quincy Adams Hardwick (b.May 22, 1828)
My maternal great great grandfather was John Jackson Hardwick. He was
born February 19, 1843 in Wayne County, Kentucky

103. Jerry W. Baird (Inactive)
2.
3. researching Kilgore line for sister-in-law
4. Wise, Virginia

104. Sandra S. McBride
2.
3. Hiram Kilgore (1771-1851) and Rebecca Renfro (1781-1863)
Stephen Kilgore (1815-1865) and Elizabeth "Betty" Allen (b. 1819)
Mary Kilgore (1839-1880) and William G. McConnell (1838-1916)
Nora McConnell (1877-1952) and Charles Allen (1864-1905)
Alpha Allen (1900-1994) and Wm. Dewey Seabolt (1998-1974)
Ruby P. Seabolt (1919-1978)and Samuel Markland (1916-1989)
Sandra S. Markland (1942-) and Gerry R. McBride (1941-)
4. 509 Greensprings, Highland Village, TX 75067

105. Tony W. Sargent (Inactive)
2.
3. Charles Kilgore, Sr. b. ca 1744?
Charles Kilgore, Jr. b. 1-4-1764 (child #1)
Hiram Kilgore b. 1790 (child #1)
Kitturah Kilgore b. 5-15-1811 (child #1) m. Asbury Sims
Sarah Sims b 2-1-1828 (child #1) m. Aaron Williams
Asberry Williams b 6-6-1853 (child #3)
Sallie Ann Williams b. 6-30-1881 (child #1) m. John Thomas Sargent
Donald Sargent b. 1918 (child #7)
Tony Sargent b. 1957 (child #3)
4. 13205 Nottingham Rd., Fishers, IN 46038

106. Annie Green
2. e-mail addresses (office) and
(home)
3. I am relatively new at geneology search and began when looking for info on
mysterious great-grandfather, William Joseph O'Neill, who had an Irish brogue,
a healthy
hatred of all things British, and expertise with dynamite (!). I suspect he
was on the run
from somewhere and that he may have changed his identity...

At any rate, his wife was Henrietta Elvira Nickels of Norton, VA. Her father
was David
Crockett Nickels, son of Elizebeth "Chaney" Kilgore and Brooks Nickels. My
inexpert
research indicates Elizebeth's parents were Ralph Kilgore, Sr. and Nancy Gray,
paternal
grandparents Robert Kilgore and Winnie Clayton, and maternal grandparents
Mathias
Nickels and Elizabeth Allen. I would love to get verification of this lineage
as well as go
back beyond Robert Kilgore and Winnie Clayton.

4. Snail mail to 4208 Hemlock Street, Fort Worth, Texas 76137.

107. Randall Kent Kilgore, but I prefer Randy.
2. My e-mail address is
3. Here's my meager start at tracking my ancestors:
Andrew Kilgore, born to as yet unknown parents, somewhere in Tennessee, in
or about 1830, moved to Missouri.
Albert Kilgore, son of Andrew, born in Missouri
Ernest Kilgore, Sr., son of Albert, born in 1910 in Missouri
Howard Kilgore, son of Ernest, Sr., born in 1934 in Missouri
Randy Kilgore, son of Howard, born in 1954 in Missouri
4. 138 Essex Street, South Hamilton, Massachusetts 01982

108. Sue Carson
2.
3. Robert and Winnie (Clayton) Kilgore
Steven and Rebecca (Salyer) Kilgore
Hiram and Nancy (Layne) Kilgore
John and Martha Jane (Maxfield) Kilgore
James and Malinda Jane (Kilgore) Gregory
Noah and Susan (Gregory) Nickens
John and Evelyn (Millard) Nickens
Sue Carson
4. 556 SE 10th Ave., Canby, OR 97013

109. Roy Kilgore
2. William Killgore, Sr.---1733
William Killgore, Jr.---1759
Robert Greer Killgore---1794
Francis Marion Killgore---1832 died February 14, 1913 (Do not know
where the date February 14 came from????)
Reubin Oliver Killgore---April 11, 1888, Haralson County, Tallapoosa, GA: died
May 30, 1989, Orange Cty, Orlando, FL; buried Caddo
Cemetery, Trinity, AL He married (1) Hughie Avis
Thornton March 4, 1913 in Haralson Cty, Tallapoosa,
GA ; dau of George and Melissa Thornton (2) Velvie
McDougal, Dec. 15, 1920, Lawrence Cty, AL; dau of
James and Lucinda McDougal

Children of Reubin Oliver Killgore and Hughie Avis Thornton are:
Vivian Montine Killgore born 1914 Haralson Cty., Tallapoosa, GA Married
Monroe Simpson

Children of Reubin Oliver Killgore and Velvie McDougal are:
Marion Harding b: Oct.25, 1921, Lawrence Cty., Hillsboro, AL d: May 4,
1937. Buried Caddo Cemetery, Trinity, AL
Travis Ellis b: Jan. 14, 1923 Morgan Cty., (Albany) Decatur, AL He married
Mae Drew Campbell, Sept. 25, 1945 Decatur, AL
Inez Christine b: April 23, 1925, Clark Cty., Jeffersonville, Ind. Married (1)
Nelson Ready (2) Harry Tolson
Colleen Velvie b: Feb. 23, 1927, Clark Cty., Jeffersonville, Ind. Married
Robert Sharp
Mildred Lucille b: March 3, 1929, Clark Cty., Jeffersonville, Ind. Married
(1)
Bill Woods (2) Florence (3) Bergeron
Frank Harlan b: July 24, 1931, Clark Cty., Jeffersonville, Ind. Married Betty
Beazley, June 21, 1952 Tampa, FL
Ruby Marie b: Feb. 16, 1933, Clark Cty., Jeffersonville, Ind. Married (1)
John Garry (2) Ewing
Della LaVerne b: Nov. 16, 1935, Jefferson Cty., Okaloona, Kentucky,
Married (1) Fred Charrette (2) Bob Dorsey
Martha Lou b: Oct. 23, 1939, Lawrence Cty., Hillsboro, AL Married
Frank Perritti
Roy Reubin b: Jan. 8, 1942, Duval Cty., Jacksonville, FL Married Doris
Hargrove
4.

110. William Killgore, Sr.---1733
[...]

111. Dolores Rachael Miller Pringle, called Dolores
2. Email: .
3. James Kilgour -b1634, Ireland
John George Kilgore -b1660
James William Kilgore -b1701
Benjamin Kilgore -b1740
Isabella Kilgore -b1776 m. Robert Greer, b1772
William Greer -b1804
Alexander Burwell Greer -b1849
William Elkanah Marchbanks Greer -b1880
Matril Rachael Greer -b1920
Dolores Rachael Miller -b1947
My grandfather had a brother who was named Joseph Kilgore Greer,
and an uncle who was named the same. The Kilgore name has always
been used in our family!
4. Dolores M. Pringle, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572-4226

112. Dorothy Garrison ( husband Bill)
2.
3. James Kilgore
John Kilgore
James William Kilgore & Elizabeth Jack(Jacque)
Benjamin Kilgore & #1 Anna McCreary & Jane McDavid
Samuel Kilgore b. abt. 1787 in S.C. d. aft. 1850 Jones Co., Miss.
& Elizabeth ? b. 1799/1800 S.C.
Mathew T.G. Kilgore & Nancy ?...
Alney Dozier Kilgore & Nancy Caldonia Clark of Mississippi
grandmother, Mary Ann "Mollie" Kilgore b. Files Valley, Tx. in 1886.
She married Joseph Sian Record b. 1886, Bowie County, Tx.
They were married in 1905 in Kaufman County, Texas.
I have no documentation of this connection except the data of
Rod Bush of California who did the research.
According to Rod..Samuel's father was Col. Benjamin Kilgore. I have
more on this family, but no documentation past M.T.G.The family was
from Scotland or Ireland as well as I can remember.
4. 928 McCoy Drive, Irving, Tx. 75062

113. Sandy Nosker
2.
3. James married to Elizabeth Jack
Patrick who moved to Mercer County to the Sandy Lake
area about 1800
son John J. Kilgore who married Dorcas McClelland
son Samuel Kilgore, was married to Anna Marie Riggs
son John Kilgore who married Mary Ellen Smith
John Kilgore and Mary Ellen Kilgore
Floyd Kilgore who married Jessie Buckley
My direct "crew" have lived around the Mercer, Venango County
area ever since Patrick arrived
4. my snail mail address is 712 Terrace Avenue, Grove City, PA 16127.

114. James Lloyd Heard. I go by Lloyd.
2.
3. Robert Killgore, Jr who was born in 1788 and died 10 May 1851 in
Perry County, Alabama
Elizabeth "Eliza" Anderson Kilgore, born March
20, 1818, died February 2, 1885, married Ephraim Q Heard on February 1,
1834
Eliza and E Q had 11 children and their sixth was William Q Heard who married
Margaret Ann Carrie Haggard in Perry County, Ala, and moved to NE Texas
in 1890
Joseph D Heard who married Elvia Ophelia Powell
James Lloyd Heard (ME)
4. PO BOX 2748, Onalaska, Texas 77360

115. Margaret Ann (Brennan) Christofferson
2.
3. Elizabeth Kilgore & Brooks Nickels
Rose Nickels & Martin Van Buren Crabtree
Margaret Loula Crabtree & Thomas Loughlin
Ethel Loughlin & William Thomas Brennan
Margaret Ann Brennan & Charles Christofferson
4. Ann Christofferson
15219 Wickmere
Houston, TX 77062

116. Kimberly Morgan
2.
3. Robert Kilgore and Winnie Clayton (according to the most recent
consensus of opinion)
2.Ralph Kilgore and ?Nancy Gray
3.Ralph Kilgore, Jr. and Amelia Wheatley
4.Esther Kilgore and Galen Marion Roberts (Wise Co., VA)
5.Mary Ellen Roberts (child #11 of Galen and Esther) and William Jesse
Roberts (William was the son of Galen's brother Ira Henry)
6. Preston Ira Roberts (child #2 of William and Mary Ellen) and Nola
Weaver
7. Opal Roberts (child #3 of Preston and Nola) and Basil Braden
8. Marilyn Braden and Dennis Morgan
9. Kim Morgan

4. 8611 Trumbauer Drive, Wyndmoor, PA 19038

117. Sandra Faye[Fields]Graham
2.
3. [1]Frances [Kilgore] Velvin
[2]Elizabeth"Bettie" [Velvin ] Johnston [On some records Johnston is
spelled without the t]
[3]Mary Frances [Johnston]Fields
[4] Willis CoMichel Fields
[5]James Robert Fields
[6]Sandra Faye [Fields]Graham

4. 3015 AL HWY 204 Jacksonville, Al. 36265

118. Robert J. "Bobby" Scott
2.
3. Robert Kigore - Jane Porter
Nancy Kilgore - Samuel Strong
Elizabeth Fields - William Clives R. Strong
Sarah Jane Ervin - Hiram N. Strong
Archie Q. Dougherty - Mary Alice Strong
Virginia D. Dougherty - Joseph E. Scott
Robert J.Scott 4th-Great-Grandson

4. 604 Villa Crest Drive
Knoxville, TN 37923

119. Lori Walters Lampkins
2)
3) I am off a direct Walters Line who married into the Kilgore line. At this
point all I have
is Elizabeth Ann Kilgore. I don't know anything else on her. Do you want my
direct
Walters line?
4) 8611 Running Quail, San Antonio, Tex. 78250

120. ROBERT W BAKER
2)
3) Robert and Winney Clayton;
Rev Robert (Robin) Kilgore who married Jane Porter Green;
Charles married Mary (Polly) Gray
Robert H Kilgore, who married an Elizabeth Hartsock;
my grandmother, Mary Kilgore married into the Baker family of Nickelsville,Va
on 4Nov 1865.
Their marriage begot my father, Harry James and his brother
Robert T Baker.My father was born in 1883;I'm not sure of his brother' date
of birth; he was older by 10-15 years. I wish I had more info on the Baker
side of the family , and The Hartsocks.

END OF PART 6

This thread: