KIMMEL-L Archives

Archiver > KIMMEL > 1999-02 > 0918401377

From: moulder <>
Subject: [KIMMEL-L] Sarah Darr Kimmel (1812-1890)
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 10:29:37 -0500

I am interested in finding the roots of my Somerset County, PA
ancestors. Sarah Darr lived with her husband Abraham B. Kimmel in
Quemahoning Township. They attended church at the Beam Lutheran Church,
where they were married and buried. Very few of the Beam records have
survived into the present. Does anyone know more of Sarah's ancestry?
I found Conrad Darr (married to Sevilla) and John Darr (married to
Catherine) on Quemahoning census records and Beam Church records of this
period. It has been said that Rebecca Darr, who was Sarah's sister,
lived with Sarah and Abraham's son's family John A and Magdalena Kimmel
in Somerset County.
I have looked in Somerset, Westmoreland, and Maryland for
information on Darr genealogy. Although I now have several possible
Darr ancestors listed, I would appreciate hearing from anyone who might
have definitive records.
By the way, if a Kimmel reunion tour goes to Somerset County, I
would be willing to help on a cemetery excursion to Kimmel grave
sites. My ancestor Mary Kimmel Lint has a grave in St. John's Cemetery
that is panoramic of Somerset hills and valleys.
Thank you.

Donna Knupp
Pittsburgh, PA

This thread: