KIMMEL-L Archives

Archiver > KIMMEL > 1999-02 > 0919265387

From: <>
Subject: Re: [KIMMEL-L] Fellowship of Brethren Genealogists
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 10:29:47 EST

Fellowship of Brethren Genealogists publishes a very good quarterly newsletter
now called "Brethren Roots." It used to be called Fellowship of Brethren
Genealogists Newsletter, which is quite a mouthful.

Yes, it is a fine tool for amateur researchers, and I subscribe. As it
happens, I bought all the back issues. The cost is $10 yearly. The address
I have is 1451 Dundee Ave., Elgin, IL 60120-1694. However, you might want to
check the Brethren web page to verify that. You might also want to study the
list of members of some of the earliest congregations on the Brethren web page
(I found some Kimmels and some Shivelys in places I hadn't expected). And
you might want to subscribe to the Brethren e-mail list, which is very active.
(We Brethren & Mennonites are working with a fairly limited gene pool
usually.)

homepage is at <http://www.cob-net.org/fobg/ >

Jan T

This thread: