KINCAID-L Archives

Archiver > KINCAID > 1997-07 > 0869081368

From: Lewis Nolan <>
Subject: Descendants Of John Kincaid
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 15:29:28 -0400

Congratulations on putting together such an extensive generation list. As=

you probably know, the Kincaids of what is now West Virginia are numerous=
=2E
My great-grandmother was Mary Margaret Kincaid and my mother traced her D=
AR
membership to the John Kincaid who served in the Revolutionary War. =

A book, "History of the Kincaid Family" was published some years ago by
Douglas L. Kincaid, 1602 Roujndhill Road, Oak Hill, WV 25901. Another
book, "Cabins of the Loop," by L. Neil Darlington and Dreama Blevins
Stewart, includes the story of James Kincaid settling near the
Greenbrief-Monroe County line in 1807 and living in a hollow Sycamore Tre=
e.
Yet another book, "Nolan-Miller Family History," encapsulizes the Kincaid=

history and will be published very soon.

Good luck in your searches.

Lewis Nolan, Memphis

This thread: