KINCAID-L Archives

Archiver > KINCAID > 2004-04 > 1082142440

From: "Barbara Van Hout" <>
Subject: Re: [KINCAID] David Kincaid 1786 Fayette Co KY
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:07:20 -0400

Was John the Weaver of Albemarle closely associated with David/Winifred
Kinkead? I recall reading something to that effect. David either had a
brother or a
father named John, as the name "John" seems important to him. Winifred
already had a son John Tillery, so there were two sons named John in that
household for a while.
.
Also I think that the Dinwiddie connection to this family-- John Kincaid,(
son of Matthew, son of John the Weaver) married Mary Dinwiddie --is worth a
lot more research. There is a Lockridge connection here to the
Dinwiddies--Eleanor Lockridge, daughter of Andrew Lockridge and Ann Graham
married James Dinwiddie in 1785, Augusta Co, VA.
http://members.tripod.com/~labach/lockranc.htm

Page down to Third Generation: James Lockridge was born in Ireland circa
1708. James died after 1790 in Abbeville Co, SC. He married Isabella
Kincaid circa 1729. (Isabella is named here as daughter of David Kinkead).

A Kincaid/Dinwiddie link in Scotland:
A John Kincaid of Glasgow was a witness to the baptism of Matthew Dinwiddie,
son of Robert Dinwiddie and Elizabeth Cumming, in September,1687 .

City of Glasgow Archives.

High Kirk Pariah Registers. Births.

Vol. 1. 1609-1625 No Dinwiddie Entries.

Vol. 2. 1626-1639 "

Vol. 3. 1640-1649 "

Vol. 4. 1650-1659 "

Vol. 5, 1660-1669 "

Vol. 6. 1670-1679 "

Vol. 7. 1680-1689 1682, 30th March, Agnes, lawful daughter of David
Dinwiddie and Janet Crauford. Wits. David Campbell and John King.

1687, Ist September, Matthew, lawful son of Robert Dinwoodie and Elizabeth
Cumming. Wits. Mathew Cumming elder, and John Kincaid.
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~jwar/histor~1.htm

Barb Van Hout