KINCAID-L Archives

Archiver > KINCAID > 2007-01 > 1169238725

From: "Barbara Van Hout" <>
Subject: Re: [KINCAID] James Kincaid/Susannah Black
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 15:32:05 -0500

Thank you very much for sending this information. It's great that you have
this Bible and its records. Do you know anything more about John Lockhart,
father of Andrew?

Here is information from the Clan Lockhart website about brothers John and
Aaron Lockhart who were in South Carolina.

Lockharts of SC
This is my ancestor. We have information back to 1735 and trying to
figure out as you are the time frame the family came to America. Who the
father of Aaron b. 1735 is. We do have most of the siblings and ancestors
from 1735 to date and adding more each day. Aaron and brother John moved to
SC area of the Broad River in the Lockhart Shoals area where they had a
mill. After Aaron's death in 1798 his wife Sarah Miles Lockert moved to the
KY/TN area with her youngest son Eli to join other siblings. Aaron and John
changed their name from Lockhart to Lockert during the Rev War, Aaron kept
his this way as did his ancestors, John apparently went back to Lockhart
after the War was over.
http://www.clanlockhart.org/topic.php?forum=1&topic=42

I read that Sarah Miles Lockhart went to Montgomery Co, TN to join relatives
after her husband died. And Montgomery Co, TN is where I have an Eliza
Miles who married Henry Smith in 1845.

Barbara