KINGE-SALEM-MA-L Archives

Archiver > KINGE-SALEM-MA > 2005-11 > 1132724409

From: Daniel David Lewis Frommherz <>
Subject: James Warren Fromherz
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 21:40:09 -0800

Dear Friends and cousins earlier this evening I posted the following
notice of death in the family. As I read it over I noticed that I made
several errors which I have corrected to the best of my knowledge. This
is not the obituary. It is a report of my uncle’s siblings, family, and
ancestors.

I just received word that my Uncle James Warren Fromherz has passed away
today. He was born at home at the time of his birth his parents were
living on Kiger’s Island, Corvallis, Benton County, Oregon. His date of
birth is given as 22 May 1924. Shortly after his second birthday his
family moved to Crabtree in Linn County. Later they traded up and then
moved to a farm on the South Santiam near Lebanon. It was there that the
family grew to maturity and then all joined the military at the
beginning of World War II. Jim is a Navy Veteran as are most of his
siblings. He died 22 November 2005 from complications of Non Hogkins
Lymphoma of which he has suffered for more than 10 years. He married
JESSAMINE MARY WEAVER. Born at Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon date
of birth is given as 29 September 1928 she remains in the family home at
St. Paul, Marion County, Oregon. Date of marriage is given as 3 May 1947.

CHILDREN OF THIS COUPLE ARE:

CONNIE MARIE FROMHERZ of Nine Mile Falls, Spokane County, Washington her
husband JAMES GALE and two children DIANNE M. and JAMES BRANDON.

SHIRLEY ANN FROMHERZ of Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon her husband
ROBERT FABER and a daughter DANIELLE RENE.

JAMES EARL FROMHERZ of Milwaukie, Clackamas County, Oregon his wife MARY
BLANCHE FABER and children HEIDI LOUISE and JENNIFER MARY.

THOMAS ERNEST FROMHERZ of Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon his wife
KATHLEEN GRACE MCKAY and children PHILLIP JOHN, MICHELLE ANNE, MICHAEL
JOSEPH, KATIE JO, and PATRICK JAMES.

SUSAN MARY FROMHERZ of Sherwood, Washington County, Oregon her husband
NICHOLAS LUTZ and children SUZANNE MARIE, DOREENE MAE, TIMOTHY JAMES,
and JULIANNE RAE.

DENNIS WARREN FROMHERZ of West Linn, Clackamas County, Oregon. His wife
ELIZABETH LYMAN and children FELICE NOEL, ELIZABETH JEAN, ADELIA RENAE,
and KAREN ADRIAN.

WAYNE ANTHONY FROMHERZ of Salem, Marion County, Oregon. His wife DENISE
MARIE ADAMS and children DANA ELIZABETH, ELIZABETH MARY, MARY JO, STEVEN
WILLIAM, WILLIAM ANTHONY, GABRIEL ANTHONY, and LUCAS MYRON.

Uncle Jim's Paternal and Maternal ancestors:

His parents are Adolph Joseph and Lucy Adelia (King) Fromherz Sr.
Lebanon, Linn County, Oregon.
Grandparents Peter and Clara (Lauber) Frommherz of Egg, Baden, Germany
First Great Grandparents Johann and Maria (Bachle) Frommherz of Egg,
Baden, Germany
Second Great Grandparents Josef and Maria Anna (Baier) Frommherz of Egg,
Baden, Germany.
Third Great Grandparents Jakob and Katharina (Schlageter) Frommherz of
Bergalingen, Baden, Germany.
Fourth Great Grandparents Johann and Katharina (Gerspach) Frommherz of
Bergalingen, Baden, Germany.

and
His maternal Grandparents Abraham Lincoln and Clara (Bussey) King of
Corvallis, Benton County, Oregon.
First Great Grandparents Solomon and Annie Mariah (Allen) King of Wren,
Benton County, Oregon Territory.
Second Great Grandparents Nahum Amos and Sarepta (Howe-Norton) King of
Madison County, Ohio and
the Oregon Territory 1845.
Third Great Grandparents Amos Nahum and Hopestill (Hoskins) King of New
Salem, Hampshire County,
Massachusetts.
Fourth Great Grandparents William and Mary (Goldthwaite) Kinge SR. (IV)
of Salem, Essex County,
Massachusetts.
Fifth Great Grandparents Jonathan and Sarah (Cooke) Kinge Sr. of Salem,
Essex, County, Massachusetts.
Sixth Great Grandparents John and Elizabeth (Goldthwaite) Kinge Sr. of
Salem, Essex County,
Massachusetts.
Seventh Great Grandparents William and Dorothy (Dible) Kinge Sr. are
immigrants to New England 20 March 1635/1636 on the Abigail with the
Reverend Joseph Hull Congregation from Sumersetshire, England.

In recent years he has been preceded in death by his infant sister
Cecilia Louise Frommherz on 26 March 1926 who died at birth on the
family farm at Crabtree. His adult siblings by age and position in the
family CLARA JOSEPHINA FROMHERZ REED of Lebanon on 30 June 1972. CHARLES
ALOYISIOUS FROMHERZ of Lebanon on 11 January 2001. ALBERT WILLIAM
FROMHERZ SR. of Yakima, Washington on 10 December 2004. ADOLPH JOSEPH
FROMHERZ JR. of Windsor Island, Kaiser on 5 March 2005. ARTHUR FRANCIS
FROMHERZ SR. of West Stayton on 16 August 2004.

He is the second youngest of ten children. He is now survived by three
siblings. FLORENCE AGNES FROMHERZ GROSS and her husband LOUIS HENRY
GROSS of Mt. Angel, Marion County, Oregon. MARY ELISABETH FROMHERZ
GERDING of Corvallis, Benton County, Oregon. WALTER ALLEN FROMHERZ and
his wife ELENORA BLACKBURN of Medford, Jackson County, Oregon. He is
also survived by his sisters in law ALICE CATHRYN MERZENICH FROMHERZ of
Kaiser, Marion County, Oregon, MARGARET MARY STUPFEL FROMHERZ of Yakima,
Washington, MARGIE JOAN MISCHEL FROMHERZ of Windsor Island, Kaiser,
Marion County, Oregon, and WINFRED JANE
LOUNSBURY FROMHERZ of West Stayton, Marion County, Oregon and many
generations of nieces and nephews of this large extended family.

Daniel David Lewis Frommherz
"We can only save the world if we take charge".
"We can only save the world if we take charge".
"We can only save the world if we take charge".

This thread: