KNISLEY-L Archives

Archiver > KNISLEY > 2012-07 > 1341670934

From: ,
Subject: Re: [KNISLEY] Knisley Family
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 14:22:14 -0000

Author: cathygowdy
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.knisley/177.1.2.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

There was more than one family to come to this country very early and settle in Pennsylvania. One spelled their name Nissley. Our Anthony, who spelled his name with a K, was another family line. These 2 lines were living in Lancaster County, PA at the same time. Our Anthony died in 1733; his will was written in German. Whether he was born in Germany or Switzerland, I don't know for certain. One of Anthony's sons kept a Bible which is preserved in a Canadian museum. It too is written in German.

As for pictures, I have two for Elizabeth Knisley who married Thomas Washburn. One was taken in 1888 and the other in 1898 when she was in her 60s and then 70s. The photographs were most likely made in Sinking Spring.

Important Note: