KNOTTS-L Archives

Archiver > KNOTTS > 1999-09 > 0936862474

From: "Laurel Burns" <>
Subject: Re: [KNOTTS-L] +KNOTT + cemetery+
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 23:34:34 -0800

My mother has more information on some of the Knotts buried in Bedford Co,
TN. The date on her family group sheet is 1975. Her sources are not
completely listed on the sheet, but I know they included a family bible,
censuses, information from other descendants, and many hours of pouring over
old records in Tennessee.

The info we have is on L. B.'s 10 siblings, parents, and grandparents. I've
included some of the info here -- on the ones that we know where buried in
Bedford Co. (I added the data after #3).

Laurel Burns

Deborah Redden wrote

> ++ARNOLD++McREYNOLDS++KNOTT++
>
> Hello! This is a list a KNOTT's
> buried in Bedford County, TN:
>
> Shelbyville (Old) Cemetery
>
> 1. Sacred to the Memory of
> Sarah E. KNOTT,
> Consort of L.B. KNOTT,
> departed this life 1848

> 2. Emma S. KNOTT
> daughter of L.B. & M.B. KNOTT,
> was born July 23, 1853,
> departed this life Aug 28, 1861
> Aged 6 years
>
> 3. L.B. KNOTT
> Born Oct 24, 1810
> Died at his residence in
> Shelbyville Oct 2, 1871

L. B. stood for Learner Blackmon
Born Bedford Tennessee. Belonged to the Methodist Church
First marriage 28 Nov. 1833

His second wife M.B. -- was Mariah B. COOPER

Also a t least 2 brothers of L.B. died in & were buried in Bedford

William S. ("Buck") KNOTT born 1 Feb. 1813, Bedford Tennessee
m. 19 Nov. 1835 to Martha Ann ROWLAND
W. S. died 29 Feb. 1865 -----that's what these notes say. That would be
difficult on a nonleap year. Buried at Hickory Hill Graveyard, Methodist E.
Church

Arthur Frazier KNOTT, b. 12 Mar 1819
m. 31 Oct. 1848 to Malinda Ann HASKINGS
m. (2) Nov. 1847 to R. B. TUNE
d. 11 Aug 1879
bur. Unionville Cemetery Bedford Tenn.

Father and mother of L. B., W. S. , and L.B. also buried in Bedford Co.

He was William KNOTT, b. 4 Mar 1774 Granville Co NC
m. 7 Dec. 1795 to Elizabeth FRAZIER (b. 24 April 1881 in Granville(?) NC
Both buried inOld Salem, Bell Buckle Cemetery, Bedford TN
Moved to TN 1805-1806.

I have info on the 8 other children of William KNOTT and Elizabeth FRAZIER
if anyone is interested.

Laurel Burns

> 4. Anna M. KNOTT
> daughter of L.B. & M.B. KNOTT
> Born July 7, 1844
> June 1, 1864
>
> 5. R.W. KNOTT
> Son of L.B. & M.B. KNOTT
> Aged 22 years. He fell at
> Shiloh in defense of his country,
> April 6, 1862. Body not recovered.
>
> 6. L.B. KNOTT, Jr.
> Son of L.B. & M.B. KNOTT
> departed this life
> July 1, 1861
> Aged 13
>
> 7. Jesse L. KNOTT
> Son of L.B. & M.B. KNOTT
> died August 6, 1853
> Aged 18 months
>
> Also Bedford County, TN; different cemetery
> Willow Mount Cemetery
> Perry KNOTT & Family
>
> I hope these help someone.
>
> Regards, Deborah Redden