KNOX-DNA-L Archives

Archiver > KNOX-DNA > 2008-10 > 1222990749

Subject: Re: [KNOX-DNA] Knox, SC -> GA -> MO
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 19:39:09 EDT

In a message dated 10/2/2008 4:58:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

> My name is Tim Stadler, Tulsa Oklahoma. I am off of Rody Jane Knox
> born 1842 in Pickens Georgia. Her father is William Knox born 1798 in
> South Carolina. My mother is Janice Clara Yost, her mother was Nora J
> ane Paul. Nora's father was Golby Knox Paul born April 25, 1867 in
> Memphis Tennessee, died September 04, 1931 in Burkhart Cemetary,
> 1 mi. from Racine Missouri. Golby's mother was Rhoda Jane Knox
> born June 13, 1841 in Cherokee County Georgia, died August 11,
> 1890 in Neosho, Missouri IOOF Cemetary, she died of Typhoid Fever.
> I am attaching the 1850 Census showing William and Agnus Knox
> with Rody as their daughter. I have them tracked with census 1840,
> 1850, 1870, 1880, 1890, 1900, 1910 if you would like a copy.

> Is there anything I can help you with in this Knox Project?

Hello Tim!

Thanks for your message. Due to the fact that you descend from a William
Knox born 1798 in South Carolina, I believe there's a high probability your Knox
ancestors were part of the extended family represented by Line No. 1 in the
Knox DNA Project:

_http://www.familytreedna.com/public/knoxsurname#results_
(http://www.familytreedna.com/public/knoxsurname#results)

But there's also a reasonable chance you could be descended from one of our
other lines.

Therefore I believe the best way you might advance the project (and probably
your own research on the Knoxes) would be to help us arrange a DNA test for
a Knox-surnamed man who descends in an unbroken male-to-male line from a
brother of Rody Jane Knox. I just hope you can locate one such of your Knox
cousins!

At the same time, please feel free to join the new mailing list for Knox DNA
research:

http://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/index/other/DNA/KNOX-DNA.html

In the meantime, please always feel free to get in touch with me whenever
you have questions either about DNA genealogy in general or about the Knox
project in particular.

Best regards,

Jim Brown (James Armistead Brown, Jr.)
Volunteer Project Administrator