KORNEGAY-L Archives

Archiver > KORNEGAY > 2008-08 > 1218426871

From: Susann <>
Subject: Re: [KORNEGAY] Thomas Caskey Kornegay parents
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 20:54:31 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks so much for the info, Ruth and Pat.

Susann

wrote:
Thank you for this information Ruth. I woder who the Civil KORNEGAY who married Asher REEVES/REAVES was.
I have?found that a William REEVES/REAVES b. 1738 Wayne Co NC-d. 1793 NC married Elizabeth CARRAWAY, she was d/o Henry CARRAWAY who was a brother of Adam CARRAWAY Grandfather of Wyatt Y. KORNEGAY they had a son named Stephen REAVES who married Sarah FLOWERS and the moved to Talbot co GA.

Bryan CARRAWAY the brother of Nancy CARRAWAY, mother of Wyatt Y. KORNEGAY married a REEVES. I don't have her name.

My Mary Anna REEVES KORNEGAY was born about 1820/ or 1821?and married Wyatt Y. KORNEGAY about 1838. Since I have not been able to find a marriage for them in Duplin Co NC, I thought she may be of the Wayne Co REEVES/REAVES and I think the marriage records of that county was destroyed. I have only recently started looking for REEVES/REAVES.?Course if Asher REEVES and Civil KORNEGAY married?Dec 1820 that could be the right age for my Mary Anna REAVES, but I always thought she was born in NC but I am not sure.

I found a Roccelaney Calarissa "Roxie" KORNEGAY b. 4 April 1793 married enry REAVES May 27, 1819. She was d/o George KORNEGAY III and Elizabeth KORNEGAY who went to Pulaski Co GA and her sister Civil/Sivil KORNEGAY b. 12 Aug 1803 NC married Asher REEVES Dec 21, 1820. This must be what you were refering to Ruth.
Very interesting. Thanks so much.
Pat

I have a Mary Ann Reeves who father is Asher Reeves and mother is Civil Kornegay.?
have no idea where I got this info and have no dates.?
have no idea if this will help you or not but it might be a start.?
You might notice the difference in the spelling.?
have got that they married 21 Dec 1820 in Pulaski County , Ga-- as found in?
marriage licenses 1810-1850?
Probably found this on internet and made a note of it -- as I do sometimes.?
hope this helps?
Ruth?
?
?